ON MY LIFE

Captivity had made reality impossible to predict

Captivity had made reality impossible to predict. There was no certainty on how long she had been down in this cave. Time only ceased to exist whenever she was sucked into another round of hearings. No deep slumber offered her an escape from this. Prayers to Bast weakened as well as her body. Nova shivered. The thin fabric grew cold as her blood stained through.

Nova clenched her jaw. The rope around her arms burned. The spy lacked control of the fire in her veins. She presumed it was her own body attempting to keep her warm. In the process of doing so, the fibrous material was loosening. Nova fought hard to hold back from the blows she was taking. They weren't happy with her attacking their God. And the worst part is Nova didn't even know she could do that.

Soon the exchanges between the water beings began to blur out as the wooden stick came in contact with her ribs again. Nova gasped for air. Her feet that tipped against the floor struggled to stay still. Her abdomen tensed, wincing as another hit came to her stomach. She wasn't sure how long they had been at this. It had been long enough that whatever food she had in her system was completely out. Swallowing her saliva became too difficult. Nova continuously spat it out trying to ignore the hints of metallic mixed within. It didn't help that the weapon had shark fangs roped around, stabbing her flesh every few seconds.

Dehydration made things worse. She could've sworn she could see Natasha sitting across from her, watching in pity. Nova nearly rolled her head back waiting for the guard to get another hit. His weapon was mid air when a voice fired like a cannon.

Namor descended from the water with another guard at his side, fitted in a clay beaded ceremonial cape dress with silver lined silk organza leaves. The two water beings immediately lower their weapon and put their hands together to bow. Nova doesn't allow herself to wonder what words the God is spewing at them. Though it is clear the guards are frightened. Nova feels their hands harshly ripping the ropes off of her.

Within that one second hell broke lose. Nova quickly slipped her hands through the guards belt, wielding the dagger. The solider grabbed a hold of her hand, quickly throwing a punch at her head. Violently, the ground became uneven. The dizziness took control in knocking her down. Alarmed voices rung in her ears. Her eyes blurred, struggling to focus on the doubled figures circling around her. Weapons were ready to attack. Rapidly, her eyes blinked. Her vision continued to go in and out of reality the more the stinging sort of pain intensified behind her ear.

"Again!" Nick yelled. Nova panted, standing on her hands and knees. Exhaustion weighed her down. Through her thick lashes, her fathers eye stared down at her unimpressed, "We don't got all day" he reminded, crossing his arms.

Nova repeatedly nodded. Groaning, she pulled herself up, tightening her fists. Her eyes regained focus on Phillip Coulson. He was a new recruit, a couple years younger than her father who had a lot of faith in him. It was odd to say the least, but Nova thought it'd be a good idea to work on her boxing skills with him just to get to know him. However, due to her young age and lack of muscles she wasn't succeeding in this match. And her father was letting her off so easy.

"Again, you wanna stay calm. Never let your opponent know what they've got coming" Coulson went in to hit her ribs. Nova quickly dodged, managing to strike his torso. Coulson punched her jaw hard enough to throw her off her balance. In most eyes, it was injustice of a grown man fighting an adolescent, but in her fathers eyes, he was preparing her for her own battles.

"Come on, Nov, use your head!" Nick screamed, watching his daughter bust her ass once again.

Nova shook her head, unable to shake off her fathers voice demanding her to get back up. It was annoying, but it was working. Carefully, she stood back up, disregarding her shaky knees. Her slender gray hands trembled over the clothe, keeping the dagger pointed at the God. "Come on, I can do this all day" She seethed, stumbling back as her arm clutched over her bloody stomach. A water being went on babbling words to her, but they made no damn sense. The room was spinning fast. Tiny searing stabs touched her skin like water drops. Nova's breath was becoming short.

Before Namor could give another command, a guard went in to retract the blade from her possession. Nova dodged the Tepoztopilli from splitting her neck. Her body jerked forward thrusting the small blade in the man's exposed thigh. The water groaned, taking the blade out at ease.

"Shit" she mumbled, stumbling back. There was no other solution left, but to surrender. Despite the little steps they all took, it all sent her nearly over the edge. Nova went into a defensive stance promising to not let her guard down, but it was apparent how frail she was in this current state of starvation, and dehydration. She was in no position to fight.

"If we're really doing this you all better make it worth my while" Nova weakly smirked. Namor tilted his head. Through the haze, she finally caught a glimpse of his sepia beige skin. It was no longer smoothed. The right side of his cheek appeared rather leathery.

"I do not know what God is possessing you to do this, but I would advise you to stop. I am only trying to help you" Fury contorted his face, yet it didn't seem like his anger was directed at her. More so, something else.

Nova weakly smirked, "With that? Getting matching scars?" His lips twitched. Whatever spirit that was taking control of his body disappeared as a chuckle came out of him.

"Tempting, but no." he said, slowly approaching her. Nova hissed, going in to attack. Despite her efforts, Namor easily won. He thrusted her back against the wall. A painful cry was heard.

"Bitch" she groaned, glaring at his fingertips that  were surprisingly soft. They skimmed across her jawline. The golden wrist cuffs lightly brush against her collarbone. Nova shivered. It was colder than she thought it would be.

Weakly, her eyebrows furrowed upward, meeting his thoughtful gaze. "It was never my intention for you to get hurt" he murmured with his voice becoming raspy. He brushed a wet strand away from her face.
Nova shook her head. This had to be an hallucination. Poison had to be rotting her form inside out. "What the hell do you want from me?" Nova demanded.

"The truth" he cupped her face, a sweet smile that could make millions girls and boys swoon solely made her sick to her stomach. "Since the moment I laid my eyes on you in that river I wondered if Chac had finally answered me. But the more I watched you I only wondered one thing. How can a human share the same face as my wife?" Her breath hitched. For once, there was no thoughts. It was the first she was hearing of this. "And have no memory of me" He paused, "Only dreams." Nova shut her eyes, afraid to move as her chest slowly became pressed up against his. The grip on her tightened too.

Nova grit her teeth not daring reminding herself to not lose any focus. One wrong move and the next would be unpredictable. "Listen, I don't know what is going on, but I suggest you fucking let go of me" Nova demanded. Fire now in her eyes.

"Please, tell me what your thinking. I need to hear it from you, Kuxtal" He was desperate. Nova considered a number of responses, but none of them explained his accusations.

"I won't repeat myself again" Nova warned.

"In yakunaj!" He spoke in his native tongue again. She had lost him again. Without another thought to spare, her palm came in contact with his burnt cheek. His mouth sealed from shock. Guards held their weapons, ready to aim. Namor signaled them to stand down. He hadn't realized how much his nails had dug into her skin until the smell of her blood was now on him.

Nova pushed him back, clutching her stomach once more. Distraught pooled his amber colored eyes. The last bit of heat that she could've used to hurt him was gone. Her fire was put out. That sense of dizziness returned. Last few seconds of her standing still were short. Her balance was lost. The only relief she felt was the white flashes finally stopping as her final breath ripped her away from agony.