Chapter 5: Execute

Start from the beginning

I was forced to for a total of thirteen years and I never intended on going back. Everyone always tried to people please and I wasn't about that bullshit. It was a popularity contest and those like Anthony were always trying to build rapport by any means necessary.

He cared too much about what other people thought, including Melody, since he was trying to get in her pants. However, if he really wanted to please her, it wouldn't be by bringing me to a party without confirming I'm actually one of her long lost friends. All in all, he thought he was using me to get into her good graces, but I was actually the one using him. And since I manipulated him for some inadequate information, it made him a problem.

Once we made great progress walking away from the dorms, I started to head down an alley and Anthony stopped like a deer caught in the headlights.

"This is a shortcut." I tried to wheedle him into a pathway that lacked proper surveillance and he complied without further hesitation.

"You know your way around here, huh?" He was a little suspicious, but not enough to raise any red flags. Honestly, the kid's parents didn't love him enough to tell him that following a sketchy, white stranger into an alleyway was a good way to get killed, kidnapped or raped. I had no intention of the latter, but killing him would suffice. It would ensure he didn't go running off to Melody when he sees her. Plus, I was certain I could get in without him.

I looked back to see if he was still following and didn't break my silence until we were a great distance away from the street. "Okay," I exhaled.

"Okay? What do you mean by okay, bro?" There was a slight panic in his voice as he stepped back, causing one of his shoes to scrape across the ground, and the corners of my mouth began to curl.

I spun around and lunged forwards. Grabbing his chin and top of his head, I twisted diagonally as hard as I could and his neck made a loud crack before his entire body made contact with the pavement.

An excited laugh escaped my throat while I leaned down to inspect my handiwork. Anthony's half-opened eyes stared past me as drool escaped the corner of his mouth, coating the asphalt underneath his cheek. The bones in his neck pushed against his skin as they reached for the surface and the smile on my face grew into a proud, toothy grin.

Such a beautiful sight.

Guess we won't be fucking her now, will we?

Noticing his bag was slightly unzipped, I pushed him face down and opened it out of curiosity. A couple bags of marijuana slid out of the top and as I began looking, I discovered many other stimulants, hallucinogens and opiates.

My tongue clicked in disappointment as I put everything back, then grabbed his warm hands and dragged him behind a dumpster. His body was camouflaged by some nearby trash bags I threw on top of him, and I finished walking down the alley to a different street, leaving him there for Ben to pick up. I really didn't have the time to stick around and answer questions, so instead of calling, I shot him a text:

Corn man with bagged candy between Alexander and Reagan St. Headed down an alley.

~~

I used Google Maps to find the address, which led me to an old two-story apartment building that looked like it had been through a war. Its maroon paint was disintegrated, revealing its original teal color. There was a thick layer of dirt laying on each of the window grilles and the front door looked like it had been assaulted with a battering ram.

Once I walked up the weed infested cement stairs, I finally noticed the blond, skinny kid guarding the entrance. He was dressed in black, his hair was spiked and he had about fifteen different facial piercings. Given his demeanor, I tried my luck and told him I was with Anthony Garcia.