I wish I would have seen what he was really like earlier, and not tied so much of myself up in being with him. He wasn't good for me. And now I have to face band practice with the guy and if we ever actually get a gig, I'll gave to plaster a fake smile on my face and play in public with him as well. Unless New Guy actually comes up with a plan to get rid the bastard out of the band. 

The way New Guy talked it up this morning, I got completely caught up in dreams of revenge, and I was so on board, but once reality set in, I can't imagine how the hell we will get Dylan out. Which means the only way I can get Dylan finally out of my life is if I quit the band. But every time I think of quitting the band, I get furious. Damnit, I'm not slinking away with my sour notes like a pathetic ex. I refuse to be that girl. I've been her long enough as it is. So I had just decided that quitting is not an option, when Chelsea burst in.

Chelsea is still eyeing me cautiously. I haven't budged an inch, but neither has she. Chelsea can be as stubborn as I am, so we could be here all night in this stare off.

I tilt my head, silently letting her know that she broke my heart almost as bad as DF did. She takes in a long, deep breath and lets it out slowly, her way of saying she knows how wrong she was, and she's more sorry than I can comprehend. I shrug my shoulders to say I hope so. But I'm done with the silent apology.

"You're going to have to earn it." I break the silence with my demand.

"Anything, Zoe. I mean it. Absolutely anything. You give the word and it will happen." She scoots closer to me on the bed and puts her head in my lap. To anyone else, it would look phony, too dramatic to hold true feelings. But I know Chelsea, inside and out. She doesn't nuzzle. She doesn't cuddle. This is Chelsea scared to death that she's gone too far. And before she barged into my room my answer would have been "hell yes, you have done it this time and really crossed a line."

It still is my answer, but my temper has died down and I'm a little softer now that she realizes how much she hurt me.

I smirk at her and say, "I know you just don't want any skeletons in your Senatorial closet for your future campaign. Whatever I come up with won't maim your reputation. Much."

Chelsea scoffs and waves a dismissing hand in my face. "Whatever. The Senate is no longer on the table. They have no power anymore. I'm going for network news anchor now. With all of this fake news floating around, someone has to get the real story. Besides, the media is who influences change. Politics is so over."

I shake my head and try not to laugh. Typical Chelsea. "That opens up a whole new realm of possibilities. Maybe I can put you to work ousting Dumb Fuck with me and Guy Who Is Your New BFF. I think DF has always been a little scared of you anyway."

Chelsea sits up quickly, crossing her arms in the process. "Wait, who?"

"DF, you know, Dylan." I emphasize the idiot's name. "You forget about him already?"

"No, no, no. The other one, the guy who what?" She leans in a little closer.

Oh, that one. I hadn't realized I'd said that out loud. I mean, I never seem to refer to New Guy by his actual name and lately I've been adding more descriptive nicknames about him in my head because he's not really new anymore. But I hadn't planned on making those nicknames public knowledge. I sigh, resigned to the fact that Chelsea won't let it go now that I've actually said one of them out loud.

"Guy Who is Your New BFF," I say with my hands in the air. I look up at Chelsea and she's just staring blankly at me.

"Emerson?" She practically shouts his name after at least twenty seconds of silence. "He is not my new BFF. That is not what this is all about." Her arms are flying everywhere, and I lean back so I don't get smacked in the process. Then she leans in, gripping me by the shoulders and pulling my face close to hers. "You know this was all about you. There's a connection between you two, Zo. Don't deny it, because when the two of you are singing it is e-lec-tric," she draws out the word. "So full of zap that every fucker in that garage feels it. Dylan turns green when you're singing together, Roger and Josh bliss out from how amazing it is. It is undeniable."