Chapter Two.

I pin my last inspirational poster to my office wall and turn my cactus once more on my desk.

"Perfect," I smile and admire the work in front of me.

There's a light tap on my door and a younger girl walks in.

"Hello... are you Miss Montgomery?" She speaks softly.

"Yes! But feel free to call me Madeline!" I answer cheerfully as I see a few more line up outside. Let the fun begin.

"I just don't know which hall I'm on... I'm a freshman," she nervously hands me her packet.

"Welcome to Harvard, Marie," I smile as I direct her down the hall.

After about forty more students I hear another shuffle in.

A packet is dropped on my desk. I jump from the sudden 'slap' against the wooden top.

"Dixon!" I smile as I read the paper and then I look up. The sight before me is just beautiful. He's tall, built like a god and he's got that 'bad boy' look.

"Yes," he nods slowly, "was there anything else you planned on saying?"

"Sorry!" I jump and blush. I notice the slight tug at the corners of his mouth.

"Dixon Wright, senior... assistant RA," I feel my heart lurch as I read that last part.

He just nods to everything I say while looking around the room.

"You're on hall three, the floor right below us and your dorm is on the right side," I smile as I initial the bottom.

"Welcome to Harvard," I smile and hand it back to him.

"Mhm," he smirks and saunters out of the office.

I shake my head as I reboot my brain and finish checking in the first round of people for opening day.

I shoot Daniel a text to see if he wants to go get Chinese. I quickly get a response to meet him there and I lock my phone. After I shut everything off in my office I head out of the building. As I turn the corner I see Dixon standing, cigarette in hand.

"You know you can't do that inside, right?" I ask.

"That would be why I'm outside," he answers before taking a long drag off of it.

"You know it kills you, right?"

He rolls his eyes and turns to face me.

"You're supposed to be smart," he leans against the building, "why're you asking so many stupid questions?"

"So you assume I'm just a genius?" I cross my arms.

"You realize we're having this argument at Harvard, right?" He asks, adding emphasis on the school's name.

I roll my eyes, not wanting to admit I was slightly outsmarted.

"You want a hit?" He asks while extending the cigarette towards me.

"What the hell?" I ask as I swat his arm away.

He shrugs, "I mean you never know."

I roll my eyes, "do I look like someone who would have a cigarette in my hand?"

He shrugs again, "I think you could pull it off," he smirks and I feel the sudden urge to punch him and drool over him at the same time.

"Fuck you," I grumble as I finally make my way past him, towards the Chinese restaurant.

"Goodnight to you too, boss," he calls and I remember that I have to work with him as of tomorrow.

"Ass," I whisper quieter as I walk quickly onto the sidewalk.