jennie looked over at both minnie and irene. minnie and jennie had both gone to primary school together so jennie knew how much minnie hated crying, she hated being comforted and coddled even though jennie didn't mind and wouldn't mind comforting her.

she could tell that minnie was trying to keep it together though, her arm wrapped around irene's waist.

jennie saw shusha, hyejin, miyeon and lalisa, all together. Lalisa was the tallest and had both arms draped around shusha and hyejin. hyejin had both arms around miyeon and so did miyeon.

jennie went over to the four of them afterwards, checking on them and each giving them hugs.

then she saw jisoo, on the far side of the table, back towards all of them and gazing out of the window.

shusha shook jennie' hand slightly. "Please go, she's been ignoring us all." She begged quietly and jennie nodded, walking over to jisoo and wrapping her arms around her from behind.

jisoo jolted and looked up to see the brunette girl, rest her chin on her head as she stood. she hadn't even seen her coming.

jisoo opened her mouth to apologise, but jennie shushed her. "it's okay jisoo."

their classmate had died in a biking accident, no wonder jisoo was emotional.

but she wasn't allowing herself to be.

jennie ran a hand through her hair, which jisoo relaxed against her. the ravenette let her head rest on jennie's chest as she stood. she kept running her hands through jisoo's hair as she started to sob, breaking down her walls.

and so did jennie, crying silently with her.

"i love you so much." the younger whispered in her ear, the other nodding softly. jennie looked up and smiled at all of her friends to check on them again, then she scanned her eyes across the classroom.

then her smile fell.

where was chaeyoung?

"where's chaeyoung? " jennie asked lalisa and she shrugged in reply.

"she hasn't come into school at all."

"w-what?" jennie asked in shock, her eyes widening in surprise. chaeyoung wouldn't come into school especially if something like this happened.

unless she didn't come to school because this happened.

jennie got her phone out and looked on their class chat. scardness settled on her face as she finished reading the last few texts.

irene💁🏾 : i just can't believe it... do you think we'll have lessons tomorrow.

moonie🌚 : highly doubt we will...

rosépasta : i just can't... I won't believe it!! She was okay before!!

chaeyoung did normally like to hide away from the world and shut down when sad things happened.

could she be at home? locked in her room? trapping herself between four walls and suffocating herself?

jennie's face went pale and she almost felt sick to her stomach. she knew that chaeyoung was depressed and an event like this could break her.

she didn't care if chaeyoung wouldn't talk to her, she didn't care anymore about ignoring her, she wanted her best friend back.

jennie started spamming her with texts.

me : CHAEYOUNG!
me : PLEASE REPLY TO ME
me : R U OKAY?
me : REPLY ASAP I NEED                      TO KNOW
me : chaeyoung...
me : Roseanne.
me : please 😓💔

jennie let out an involuntary sob and jisoo looked up, realising that jennie had tears streamming down her face.

"chaeyoung's... not replying." jennie said, trying not to choke on her tears. jisoo pulled her down onto her lap and snuggled her close.

"trust me... she will." the elder said softly, arms wrapped firmly around her waist. jennie leaned her cheek on her head, still worrying.

they were off lessons since the school was alerted of the death.

but they could go back to lessons if people wanted to, so some left but jennie and her friends remained.

jennie couldn't stand the thought of being away from her friends in other lessons. at least in her homeroom she could stay with the comfort of her friends.

jennie also stayed in the hopes that chaeyoung would show up.

jennie had persuaded jisoo to sit with the others and comforted others and allowed herself to be comforted.

"sorry, i was at a dentists appointment." a familiar voice said, jennie hearing the door closing behind them.

jennie shot up and looked at chaeyoung, once she made eye contact with her, she ran up to her and hugged her as tight as possible.

she was okay, she was okay.

"you're alright, you're okay. i was so worried chaeyoung, so worried." jennie sobbed into her chest, letting her cries be heard.

chaeyoung patted her back, rubbing it warmly. "i know, I'm alright."

"i want to be friends again, please? I hate ignoring you."

"of course, i hate ignoring you too.."