You go into the kitchen to cook some lunch. You take out a packet of ramen and poor some water into a small pot, letting it boil on the stove top.

When the ramen cooks, you poor out the water and add in the powder and sauces, mixing it in with a pair of chopsticks.

You put it on your table and wait for it to cool, taking out your phone and googling 'RedSea'.

You scroll through the page as you recognize most of the links, you've read through a lot of them during school.

You go to the third page and something catches your eye, a Reddit link.

You click on it and start to read; "I was an intern at RedSea for extra credit in 2015, and the weirdest stuff would happen, like i'd catch staff changing into black bodysuit kind of stuff and leave outside doors that i'd never seen before. There was this guy, Park Jimin, i think he was the chief financial officer, he was once showing us how to calculate their total number of sales or something like that, and i saw documents for 'Group A-10 recruitment' under one of the papers and when someone asked what it was he got super weird about it. it looked like profiles of different people, with their skills and stuff, as far as i know they only do internships so i don't know what recruitment they'd be doing."

The post ends there, but you haven't gotten enough, so you scroll through to the comments under it.

"Min Yoongi, he works there too, i had gone to interview him for an article in a newspaper i was working with at the time, i asked him how he felt about people being so abusive to his work and why they might not believe what they do, and he kicked me out."

And that's all there is to the Reddit post, you go frantic clicking for more topics on RedSea, but they're not there.

You've realized then that your noodles are almost cold, and finally put your phone down, but you've lost all your appetite now, so you just use your chopsticks to play around with it.

It's always the six of them involved, no other names have been brought up so far, it makes sense because they're in the highest status but all the suspicion is around them and their company.

Whatever they say, no one seems to believe them, or struggle to.

You call out Jungkook's name and he appears in the kitchen, changed out of his uniform and in something more comfortable.

You slide the bowl of noodles across the table to him, "They're still a little warm." you mumble.

"You don't want to eat? Are you okay?" he asks, cupping the bowl.

"I'm fine, a lot on my mind." you rub your forehead, putting your phone in your pocket and standing up.

"Wanna talk about it?" he asks.

You shake your head, "No, it's just school stress." you lie.

"Well, few more months of this and we're done with high school." he smiles and you nod.

That's the least of your thoughts.

"Yeah, weird." you scrunch your nose.

"Still don't have plans for college?" he asks and you shake your head.

"Not really, you're going to work at RedSea?" you spit out.

"You know the name?" he furrows his brows.

"I pay attention to my surroundings." you nod.

"Probably, everything else seems boring." he says.

"Producing medical gear is interesting to you?"

"Sure, why not?" he shrugs, but you get even more suspicious.

"Hm, well I'm going to take a nap, have fun." you say, heading up the stairs.

- - - - -

You haven't seen the six of them at all for the rest of  n the entire week, even Jungkook hasn't been seeing them.

You both don't pass by them anymore when your getting ready to leave in the mornings, and for the rest of the day after school they don't come home.

What are they doing at work that's keeping them away for so long?

You miss the first few weeks with them, the house filled with noise, the dinner table always full, the living room messy.

Now it seems lifeless, and like time isn't real anymore, it's all dull at the house now.

You knock on Jungkook's door and he lets you in, he has his laptop on his thighs when you walk in.

"It's eleven o'clock at night, on a Friday, where are they?" you ask him, leaning against his door frame.

Usually, you don't get too worried when they don't come home, because you and Jungkook would go to sleep early for school the next day, but tomorrow is Saturday, so you could wait the whole night to see them if you wanted to.

He shrugs, his eyes glued to his screen, "I don't know, we haven't seen them at all so nothing new." he mutters and you sigh, going to sit by him on his bed.

"But the house is so quiet it's starting to scare me, them being gone all the time is scaring me too." you admit.

"It's just work, they're going to be fine." he answers.

"I miss them." you whisper and he gives you a look.

"You miss Jimin." he corrects you and you smack his arm.

"I miss all of them." you emphasize.

"Mhm." he raises his brows, turning his head back to his screen.

"Seriously! Even Namjoon, I still don't like that he screamed at me though." you fall down on his bed, yawning,

"He doesn't either, he's really mad at himself." he says, and you sit up again.

"You've talked to him?" you ask.

"Mhm, he called me two nights ago to check on us." he shuts off his laptop and puts it away to lay down on the bed as well.

You lay down beside him as well, "Don't you miss them too?" you ask, turning to face him.

"When I lived with them they did this all the time, but I had you, luckily you'd always invite me over so I wasn't always alone, I had my mom and dad occasionally." he turns around as well to meet your eyes.

"Remember that night when you're parents invited me to dinner? I was wearing a long dress and tripped over it, falling onto the table and into the tomato soup." you cringe just remembering it.

He giggles, "You actually hurt your shoulders, but you were so embarrassed you played it off for the rest of the night." he smiles.

"I miss you parents." you mumble, beginning to get tired.

"You miss a lot of people." you can tell he's also getting tired by the way he blinks his eyes.

"I get attached too quickly." you mutter, dozing off.

{author}

i made a face reveal book, i'm taking it down tonight !!!