ZERO: FOUR

〰️➿〰️
The Years Before Academy - Takenaka, M.D. (in training)
〰️➿〰️
A mere 18 days of single-minded taijutsu practice passes all too peacefully to the point where I get nervous. Coupled with the fact Mother left one day and lied about where she went, my hair standing on end.

Sunday night, Mother; Itachi; and I all eat dinner. Mother interrupts the silence with:

"Don't be mad."

Which is why I stop eating and narrow my eyes. "I knew something was fishy..."

Mother keeps smiling. "I let you investigate Hakushi, let you train by yourself for a while. So I need you to do something for me."

No bueno and I grimace. "...that is?"

"When you were getting your seals removed, I spoke with a wonderful woman. She said I could admit you into medical school now rather than waiting until seven due to the medical draft!"

I forgot. During war, military and medical drafts are called, which lowers the age of attendance/graduation and accelerates Academy learning so that kids can be shipped off into war by the time they turn 9. I was honestly waiting until I turned seven before joining as if this were a time of peace. I thought I had more time...

"It was too late for you to join the first semester, but second semester starts tomorrow morning," Mother continues. "I was actually surprised by how much stuff Kanka already had prepared for you. She really wants you to do this!"

I groan.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" A part of me cringes at my frustrated tone I shouldn't use on parents. "I-I could have studied and... I wouldn't have wasted my timed only on taijutsu or getting sick or - " helping Father, but I don't think I regret that.

Takenaka, you are four. No one expects for you to be incredible. All I want is for you to get out the home and talk to peers your age - outside the clan. I want you to stop being so heavily involved in your personal world and see life is beautiful. I understand you have been exposed to hardships, but that is not what life is all about."

She prepared for this. I stand down, amazed at her passion that colors her face bright pink.

"It's not healthy for a child to be under this much stress." Mother relaxes, pushing back her hair. "I really want my son to be happy, you know."

How could I say no to such a delighted smile?

-but I really don't want to do this.

I read packets and other papers Mother secured for me. At least now I won't be so caught off guard tomorrow morning.

... The spring semester first year curriculum (early April to late June) is split over three courses. Academically wise, students are under "the Building Blocks of Health", some of which features microanatomy (5 weeks). Medical applications (medicine without chakra) are very primer in this stage. Students are taught chakra control and 5 basic medical-ninjutsu in theme of the academic...

My semester is the second, the fall semester. From September to December, I'll be under "The Human Body and Complex Organisms" which features gross anatomy, a term that defines how gross the human body is or the general overview of a body's structure (the macroeconomic of the health world). 7 anatomy-related techniques are taught and medical applications are a continuation from spring semester.

Reading more into the fall semester syllabus, I begin to see that medical classes works a lot like taijutsu categories. Rather than teach one thing separately under a fancy name, I'll learn a huge variety under a simple name. But, so far I'm looking at gross anatomy, regional anatomy, biochemistry, physiology which scares me. I put that stuff away.