ZERO: THREE

〰️➿〰️
The Years Before Academy — The Secret Life of Hakushi
〰️➿〰️
I'm struggling not to laugh.

Nothing is funny. But even in this world, my biggest weakness is being ticklish.

The doctor has his hand pressed against the "base of the seal" as he calls it which is the where the lines of calligraphic Japanese meet above my naval. Chilled chakra lightly drums against stomach and makes the lines on my body a bit more heavy rather than just being weightless.

It's these light vibrations that threaten to make me burst into giggles.

"Um, doctor," I say to keep my mind off laughing, "I was thinking of pursuing a medical career. Do you know if all medics are required to learn Sealing Techniques?"

I know a bit about Sealing Techniques from Tenten, Kushina, and Jiraiya, but my memory of Sealing Techniques is fading fast. It is a cool concept, to use and take language humans made and have it interact with the world around us. Maybe Sealing Techniques deal heavily with Ninshuu's interconnection theme.

"Medics need only know basics," mumbles he, attention mostly placed on my seal. "Specialists such as myself deal with more complex applications."

"Oh... um, can I specialize in something, too? I really like chakra. The human body is okay, but there's really no shortage of body doctors and therapists, right?"

The doctor meets my eyes, eyebrows formed into curiosity.

"Chakra healing specialist? Chakra pathologist specialist?"

"Huh?"

"Do you aim to heal chakra or to determine the issues plaguing chakra? More importantly, are you competent in performing surgeries to fix these problems or do you wish to merely detect and determine?"

Oh boy. "I wasn't aware of there being so many subcategories..."

"Well, the Medic Corps is an umbrella term. Every medic is a different person. People are good at certain things and are utilized in whatever makes them the most efficient to the Hidden Leaf.

"Field medics are medical-ninja who can go into ninja teams and fight. Some of these are particularly medic-centered fighters while others branch out into more disciples, but are endorsed by Medic Corps.

"Stationary medics are medics and medical-ninja who work in a particular area. This is typically the most common option for people who are not physically inclined. These medics usually devote every space of their minds to medicine.

"From those two major categories, which one would you prefer?"

I understand this much about medic-nin types. I don't want to be a stationary medic. I'm not passionate enough to pursue medicine in a hospital. I want to be a warrior.

"Field medic, definitely."

"Naturally from that point, your training deviates from stationary medics. You will be taught quick offensive and defensive techniques and pressure will be on in creating fast yet effective healing techniques. In battle, you cannot spend as long as a stationary medic to heal."

I nod. That's logical. I really don't want my medic to take her precious time healing a face wound while I'm bleeding out.

"However," my doctor continues, "most field medical-ninja are typically body specialists. I have never heard of a field medic specializing in chakra-centered healing."

"Let me guess... those specialists are stationary medics?"

He nods.

So annoying. As far as I can tell, the human body is no different in this world than in my old world. So the same boredoms that plagued me in biology will continue in this world.