Nicolie

It was what 5 to 6 a.m. in the morning and I barely care kung tulog pa sila, I need the truth and I needed it right now.

Pagpasok ko ng bahay, there she is sitting sa may garden having a coffee or tea sya lang ang nakakaalam.

"Mommy I thought you despised Khea?".

"I do" she replied then sip in her cup kung nagulat man sya sa tanong ko she can only tell.

"But what is this?" nanginginig na binagsak ko ang folder sa harapan nya with the familiar logo alam na alam ko na alam nya ang tinutukoy ko.

She crossed her arms and looked at me blankly "I don't know what you're talking about—".

"I think you know mother!".

"No I do—".

"You! hate her because of what?she is poor? Mom this world is not about money and power na mukhang nalunod na kayo ng grandma Denver".

"Danielle is this how you raised your child?" puno ng lamig ang boses ng mamita Denver, it slip through my mind na kasama pa namin sya, she is like a queen na bumaba sa hagdan "I can hear her from up stairs, you know young lady your mom never shouted me like the way you did to her".

"Mommy let me handle Nico alone" my mom answered to her mom.

"No! Nicolie if I am the who raised you baka ngayon milyonarya ka na even without Adriano's wealth but then Rhubarb is more cut from our blood" puno ng insultong tinitigan ako ng lola ko "You impolite child! don't talk about money matters when all you have to do is spend it not earn it—"

"Mom please—-"

"Danielle enough! you can't handle your own child" she snapped at my mother "You and Apple think I wouldn't find out? I am enjoying my glory days but I am always ahead of everybody else.

"Mom please not Nico" tugon naman ni Mama Apple na nagmamadaling bumaba sa hagdan
"Nico go upstares" utos nya bago nilapitan ang mommy Danny.

"No! I'd like to hear what she is about to say" pagmamatigas ko at tumingin sa lola ko.

At back of my heart gusto ko sumunod sa magulang ko lalo at umiiyak na ang mommy Danny but in my head I deserve the truth.

"I worked hard to build this dynasty Nicolie it's not you or anybody can't take that away from me nor to this family" panimula ni lola sinabi nya ang last will and testament ng greatgrandpa and how she manage to survive "until somebody came before claiming that he is also Adriano and you know what? I tried my very best na ibaon sya sa impyernong pinanggalingan nya!" she seems cold and heartless habang nag-sasalita "Ofcourse you wouldn't understand it,your mother sheltered you with too much love and affection but I guess you still don't know the value of family,we stick together no matter what even if it means breaking your own heart hindi ikaw ang unang Adriano na masasaktan at magsasakripisyo para sa pamilya,forget you even know her and moved on".

"I don't understand—-".

"THAT MAN IS KHEA's GRANDFATHER!!!!".

Halos mabingi ako sa narinig ko parang paulit-ulit kong naririnig ang huling sinabi sa akin ni Grandma. Nanginginig ang tuhod ko next thing I know is my tears is falling down.

"You knew?" naiiyak akong humarap sa magulang ko,nagtatanong ang mga titig ko humihingi ng saklolo well I guess I can't handle the truth.

"And that girl you adore and fought for over family is the daughter of the guy who kidnapped you and your cousin,that cousin of yours, who God forbidden knows weather dead or alive" litanya ulit ng lola.