Chapter 10: First Wipe out

First Wipe Out
CROSS

"WHAT A PLEASANT bloody afternoon, dear ladies and gentlemen. Again, we are now facing the first Wipe Out ritual for this school year. I hope, it didn't surprise you at all coz this is just a practice for our career. And as usual... I thought of a spectacular game that we can play. To be more specific..." the soft yet chilling voice paused for a moment. "I have this idea going in my head for a month now and just today, I decided to bring it up to you, guys, so we could get along."

I can tell by the sound of the voice of this guy that he has a crazy idea going around his head... I can feel it. Today, the school will be painted red.

"I want all of you to hide,"

This can't be. He's not planning to play a freaking hide and seek, wasn't he?

"Every single student of this school must follow my instructions so listen carefully." May nakakabinging tunog ng mikropo ang nakakairitang umalingawngaw sa paligid. "When you hide... make sure that no one can find your hide out. Because if someone does, you'll die right at the moment a reaper found you."

"For those who have brave yet stupid hearts... I am warning you, don't plan doing ridiculous things coz I'll make sure that no one can defeat me—and my team. Don't make this hard, everyone. I'm afraid, your braveness and curiosity will lead you to nothing but death and only death."

So it's true that there's a Wipe Out going on here, huh? At ilang beses pa iyon pwedeng mauulit? The voice in the speaker said that this wipe out right now is the first one for this year.

Ang ibig sabihin lang noon ay mauulit pa ang pagpatay na ito at mas lalo lang akong mahihirapan sa sitwasyon.

I think, I can't agree with that. I haven't finished reading the mannual that the president gave me because I have no spare time. Wala akong ideya sa pakulong ito so what now?

Can I do something? Makakakuha kaya ako ng impormasyon kung makikialam ako sa kaganapang ito? I mean, if I tried to be a heroine here, anong mapapala ko?

I shook my head on that thought when suddenly, I felt something odd.

Nagpantig ang mga tenga ko ng may nakakairitang ingay na naman ang umalingawngaw mula sa mga speakers na nakalat sa paligid. It seems like... he's not done with his speech yet.

Hmm.

Namumuro na yata si Kamatayan, ah?

"Anyways—you have 30 minutes to hide, my fellow students. And sure—I'll find you with my trusted reapers one byone. You know the rules. GO! RUN AND HIDE! We are going to paint the walls of this school with the blood of weaklings we have to eliminate. That's all I can promise for now so your 30 minutes..." A pause. "Just finally started. I am looking forward meeting you."

Isang nakakabinging katahimikan ang pumainlalim sa buong kapaligiran ng St. Death High ng hindi na nagsalita ang lalaki na emcee.

Instead, the wide TV screens around the school flashed a timer bomb in deep red bold numbers. Wala sa sariling napangiwi ako. Now, the time is already ticking.

I have 29 minutes and 14 seconds to hide. But I'm not planning to do that stupid nasty thing like what others do. And since this Death caught my attention, I might as well meet him in fucking person.