Twenty-Nine - Getting to Know Each Other

The next morning Marcia took Charisma and Deandre to school. Dre was ready when they got to Enzo's house and he got into the front seat.

"Good morning cousin," Marcia smiled. Dre stared at her so she got the hint and started driving.

"Can we go to Panera?" he asked. She nodded and told him to show her where to go.

When they got there the three of them got out of the car - Charisma did so reluctantly - and went inside. Dre was paying so he asked 'Cia if she wanted anything after he ordered for Ray. She told the girl at the counter what she wanted, then Dre said, "If you hungry then order something, Charisma."

Rima looked at the back of her brother's head, shocked that he was actually talking to her. But she didn't wanna order and then end up getting too much and pissing him off. "I-I'm not hungry."

Dre turned around and stared at her with an annoyed look, then looked back at the girl at the register.

"Add a small green tea and that avocado ciabatta thing."

Rima was surprised but took her ciabatta and drink when it was ready.

"Thanks 'Mir,"

"No problem, it's not like I expect anything from you in return anyways." He sarcastically said with a fake smile. She frowned and got into the car. Marcia sighed and turned the car on.

~•

"Dude are you forreal carryin snacks in yo damn jacket?" Ques laughed as he looked at Kollin.

"Nigga shut up, makin it hot. Don't ask me fah none either." He joked, eating some more teddy grahams.

"What you got?"

"I got cheez-its, teddy grahams and some pretzel crisps."

"Garlic parmesan?" Rico asked.

"Maybe,"

"Gimme some,"

Kollin rolled his eyes and took one of the ziploc bags out of the inside pocket of his jacket, pouring some in his hand.

"You lucky I like y'all, cause I never share food. Ever."

"Deandre Brown, please report to the principal's office." Mrs. Grant said over the loudspeaker. Some of the people in the class looked at Dre as he put his pen down and stood up, taking a pass from the teacher and leaving the room.

Ten minutes later, Dre came back and asked Kollin what he did.

"Did when?"

"Mrs. Grant just asked me about yo character and if you the type of person to bully other people."

"What?"

"Yeah, she said she need to speak to you."

Kollin looked at Dri and she shrugged, not knowing what was going on either but assuring him that she didn't snitch on him to anybody. He then noticed that Charisma wasn't turned around like she was before. He smirked as he stood up. When he got to the office he was immediately told to go back to the principal.

"Hello Mr. La Croix, please have a seat." She told him. He nodded and sat down in the chair in front of her desk. "How are you?"

"I'm great, how are you?"

"A little worried, did Deandre say something to you before you came in here?"

"No ma'am, he just told me you wanted to speak to me." He lied. She was great at telling whether or not people were telling the truth, but she couldn't even detect his lie because he was so good at it. "Is something wrong?"