Twenty - Monroe & Verona

"Mommy, we see Tío today?" Shiloh asked as her daddy fixed her dress as they sat there waiting for the shuttle to arrive to take them to the prison. "Papí I pwetty!"

"Sí, you are very pretty baby girl."

"Tell mamí she pwetty too, papí."

"You are very beautiful," he told her, Cuban accent heavy on his lips as he pecked hers. Shiloh smiled and covered her eyes shyly away from her parents.

"Thank you, look it's here."

"Someone is excited." Zyon joked as he picked up Shiloh.

"I haven't seen him in like three months, I miss him." KiKi admitted as they got into the shuttle and buckled up. They were the only ones on the van today, usually when KiKi comes it's packed with babymamas and mothers coming to see the inmates. "And you're gonna like him Zy, I already know it."

The three of them arrived at the prison a few minutes later and Shiloh had fallen asleep along the way. KiKi carried her this time into the prison and Zyon signed them in. They got their name tags and went upstairs to the visiting area. Ray was sitting at a table in there waiting for them, he had unzipped his jumpsuit so it came down at his waist, showing his white t-shirt and broad shoulders, and tattoos on his strong biceps and arms.

"Hey big brother." KiKi greeted, Zyon took their daughter from her so that she could hug her brother. Ray smiled as he got up and hugged his little sister.

"What's up? Can't answer the phone, I see." he joked as the three of them sat down. "This ya man?"

"Yeah, Ray this is Zyon, babe this is my brother Raymond." she introduced the two of them. They dapped each other like men do and Shi began moving around in her father's arms.

"Niecy is cute,"

"She got that from our side." KiKi joked.

"Keep tellin yourself that, babe." Zy told her.

"Mommy, estamos aquí?" Shi popped one eye open and looked at her mother.

"Yeah Shi, we're here."

Shi sat up in her father's lap and began rubbing her eyes and yawning. She looked at the man staring at her across the table and she jumped up, running across the table and jumping on him, yelling, "Tío!"

"Shiloh!" KiKi scolded. Zyon just laughed.

"Hi Tío!"

"Hey pretty girl." Ray chuckled.

"You gonna call me Shi?" she asked, tracing the tattoos on his arms like she does with her father. "And I call you Tío."

"Deal." he smiled at his niece. She sat there, still tracing his tattoos. "So KiKi, remember how I told you I would find out why you were put up for adoption?"

"Remember how I told you I didn't care but my therapist told me it would help me get over my abandonment issues?" She responded sarcastically.

"Yup but look, when I tell you this, don't do too much."

"What that mean?"

"He means don't do any of that extra shit you do, like banging your fists on the table like an ape, screaming, or throwing things." Zyon explained. Ray laughed at the way KiKi looked at her boyfriend and the kissy face he did towards her.