Thirty-Four - Insecurities

"Venny ain't you supposed to be getting ready?" DJ asked Heaven. They were in the house and she was waiting for Tae to tell her he was on his way to pick her up for the party.

"I don't even know, Tae's not responding to messages or calls and he was supposed to pick me up."

"Want me to call Reina?" Dustin suggested, referring to Jelani and Izzy's mother.

"Not yet. I already have my stuff packed to spend the night, I just have to take a shower and get dressed."

"Why wouldn't he be answering the phone?"

"His girlfriend told him he couldn't go to the party, but Tae told her he was going because he wanted to get out of the house. Plus he's my ride. I haven't talked to him since during school."

"We—"

"Oh wait, it's him. Hello?"

"My bad, H." Tae sighed.

"Yes sir it is your bad, are you still coming to get me?"

"Of course, I just didn't reply to your stuff cause I was getting dressed. I'm leaving the house now." He said as he got in his Jeep.

"I haven't even gotten in the shower yet, stupid."

"Well then go wash ya ass and I should be there soon."

Venny laughed and ended the call. She went upstairs to her room to get in the shower. While she was in there she shaved in the necessary places and washed up.

Dustin barged into the room with Stef behind him while Venny was combing her hair.

"Ha! Hell no, you not wearin that. Stefanie, you bought her that?"

"Dad go away, we're not doing this today."

"Who you talkin to, first of all. Second of all, you seriously bought her that?" Dustin looked at his wife.

"Yes I did and I don't think there's anything wrong with it."

"Malia!"

"Mom's here?"

Malia came into the room a minute later and looked at her daughter's outfit.

"You look pretty."

"Ha, that's one and a half to one, you lose daddy." Venny smiled, referring to the half vote Stef got as her stepmother.

"You seriously think it's okay for her to wear that?"

"If the shirt was a little shorter then no it wouldn't be. They're polazzo pants and a semi crop top, Dus. It's not that serious."

"Well I don't like it."

"You don't think I look pretty, daddy?" Heaven asked him, working her magic.

"Of course I think you're pretty, princess. I just don't want you thinking that this is what you have to wear to impress Dax."

"It's not about him, daddy, and Stef told me the same thing when I told her I wanted this outfit. I told Dax you would probably get apprehensive when you saw the outfit and he told me he doesn't care what I wear, that he just wants to see me." She ignored her mom and stepmom when they 'aww-ed' behind her father.

Dustin sighed and rubbed his neck. "Alright, you can wear the outfit."

"Thank you daddy."

"Do we need to set ground rules, Heaven?" Lia asked her.