✓ Chapter Twelve.

Start from the beginning

"My memories with you are one of my best Chae", I can hear her smiling as she speaks.

I frown, "but you decide to create new ones with someone else ... when we could've made more", my heart aches.

She lowers her head, "Chaeyoung ... I'm sorry, will you listen to me now ... please?"

"Okay Mina ... I'll listen".

"Let's go somewhere and talk, I'm kind of hungry"

I smile and nod. I drove to Pierre Gagnaire, "I bet you miss the French food and ambiance", I walk with her next to me into the restaurant.

We sit at the table near the window, the weather is cold and foggy, but nevertheless, it's beautiful when I'm with her. We ordered our favorite food. I start staring at her, she's still so elegant and classy, even just staring out the window. She is breathtakingly beautiful.

"So ... do you like it here in Seoul?"

She seems giddy, "Yes! So much! ... everyone made me feel at home", she smiles at me.

Everyone? Even me Mina?, "I'm glad to hear".

I hear Mina take a deep breath. Something inside me doubts my strength to accept what she's going to say ... I don't think I want to hear what she has to say to me ... I look out the window.

"Chaeyoung, the story behind all this, is my father-"

"Mina don't", I made up my mind, "I don't want to know ... I might hate you if I did and I don't want that either. Let's just start over ... you happen to be my cousins-", this hurts more than not knowing, but then again ..., "-fiance and I am your ... fiance's cousin, thats is, period", I stare at her dead-straight in the eyes, 'I mean this ... I mean this', I keep repeating it in my head. I don't want to know, I don't.

Mina stares at me blankly, mouth hung open like she doesn't believe me, I don't blame her. I've been pestering her to tell me why? Why on earth did she vanish without a trace from my life? But this is my decision to not know and I might end up might losing her more than I already did if I knew.

Finally, Mina's eyes turn soft, "if- if that's what you want Chae-", I hold up my hand to stop her from finishing saying my name. This isn't what I want ... it shouldn't be, but I really don't want to hate you Myoui Mina.

I try to smile at her, I start up a different conversation about anything. I ask her how different is Seoul to Paris to Japan in her eyes, how is she enjoying her dance academy, is it different from performing here and Paris, etcetera ... I lie if it didn't bother me seeing her ring shimmering under the light, how I want to throw it far from my face into the dark abyss of the ocean, how I wish I had the same one around my finger. But life doesn't always go according to plan.

"It's still early, what shall we do?", her voice pulled me back to where I am. What? When did we finish eating? Did I blank our afternoon out? Damn ...

"Wha-? We? You and I?", I point towards her and myself. I'm confused, she still wants to be around me?

"Yes, I enjoy your company", she smiles at me.

We walk back to my car, I walk behind her, watching intently at her back. The way she walks looks like she's waddling like a penguin ... I smile, I guess it's all from that ballet she does. She said she enjoys my company and yet ... she still left. With a deep sigh, I sit behind the wheel and I drive. I don't really have a destination in mind, I decided to show her the countryside of Seoul. She's excited, by how she's taking videos and pictures of the beautiful scenery from the car. I hear her typing away on her phone, she's smiling. Those pictures are probably for Jeongyeon ... the way she smiles ... it's different, different from the way she used to smile at me. It aches my heart and soul to see.