03

It was a cold but sunny Wednesday morning in Alaska, and I have to say that this is the perfect time to get cozy. I am on my way to the uni, wearing my university hoodie and sweatpants with thick socks and nike slippers.

I chose to walk my way onto the university because it will be beneficial for my training later. It wasn't really far from our home, sometimes I just get lazy and ride on Seulgi's car for free transportation.

The thick, cold fog slapping my face reminds me that winter is approaching, infact, it's just 1 week before September starts. I was dribbling a basketball and momentarily stretching my muscles to keep my adrenaline.

"That's how it's supposed to be
Living young, and wild, and free.." I sang along as I am trying to start my day right.

But just as I say that, a red, shining AudiR8 stopped on my place. I creased my forehead before continuing to walk, thinking that it was just nothing, though the car seems familiar.

But it was tailing me. I cursed under my breath as I remembered who that car belongs to.

"Lis!" The window rolled down, showing Wayne's neutral face and Chaeyoung's sweet smile early in the morning. I removed my headphone and placed it on my neck.

Oh god. I just wanted to start my day right this time.

"Hey," I said, managing to smile like the usual. "Sup, dude," I greeted Wayne. There wasn't really any bad blood between the two of us, we're just not close, and I hate his guts. That's it.

"I see you're practicing. Doubling your effort because you lost your ace?" He asked, feigning innocence, like he wasn't refering to himself as the ace.

The team lost you but I'm here. We didn't lost anything; none at all.

I wanted to say that right in front of his face but I considered Chaeyoung. She's so sensitive when it comes to us; not really us, but Wayne. That thought stings my heart.
"Lis, we're on our way to the univ! Get in!"

"No thanks, I'm good. I'm conditioning my body for our training later," I declined before smiling at the both of them.
"I'll just see you at class. Thanks for the offer,"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Take care," I waved them off. Just like that, they drove away.

I sighed before starting to dribble the basketball again.

They got back together. And it was faster than I thought they would, 2 days, huh? If I didn't know that Chaeyoung forgives easily, I would think that they just got into a petty fight and cooled off.

That's love. I guess.

I raised the hood of my hoodie before putting the headphone on. That was way too much for my morning.

You know, if I tell this story to someone, they would probably think that I'm a hopeless, dumb, desperate loser who fell in love with her bestfriend when in the first place, I know that it's impossible for her to feel the same way. But it's not that way. I wouldn't be imprisoned with this feeling if she doesn't give me hope.

I wouldn't be hoping that maybe she feels the same if she doesn't text me 'goodmorning' and 'goodnight' texts everyday. I wouldn't be hoping if she doesn't act like a jealous girlfriend whenever girls are coming after me. I wouldn't be hoping if she didn't make me stop courting other girls just because she feels like I am not making enough time for her anymore. I wouldn't be hoping if she doesn't return my pure I love you's with the same exact emotion as I blurt them out.