The guys were already piled around the computer and viewing video evidence. The video from the hospital was playing and Stiles was arguing with his dad about what they had seen. 

"Matt's head, yeah. I sit behind him in history. He's got a very distinct cranium, it's weird." 

The sheriff gawked at his son. "Are you crazy?"

"All right, fine, then look at his jacket, huh?" Stiles pointed at the screen. "How many people do you know who wear black leather jackets?"

"Stiles millions of people wear those. I have a black leather jacket." Astrid piped up from the corner. Stiles threw his hands up at her input, while his dad nodded.

"I knew I liked her." 

"Okay, can we scroll forward? There's gotta be a shot of him coming at one of the cameras." Scott halted the argument from progressing and Stilinski sped the tape forward.

Stiles yelled for his father to pause it again, only for Sheriff to point out that it was just the back of Matt's head again. Just the back of his head made Astrid want to puke. She had been near a psychopath on more than one occasion.

"Okay, but look. He's talking to someone."

Scott got closer to the screen, squinting his eyes before widening them. "He's talking to my mom."

Melissa McCall barely remembered speaking to Matt until Scott sent a picture of him to her phone

Melissa McCall barely remembered speaking to Matt until Scott sent a picture of him to her phone. She had stopped him for tracking mud into the hallway, which was strangely significant to the Sheriff and Stiles. Astrid had no clue how the law really worked - if she did she would have been in the foster system by now. 

Stilinski pulled out a folder and began leafing through it. "We've got shoe prints alongside the tire tracks at the trailer site." 

"And if they match, that puts Matt at the scene of three murders. The trailer, the hospital, and the rave."

"Actually, four," Stilinski pulled out a paper with a list of names on it before standing up. "A credit card receipt for an oil change was signed by Matt at the garage where the mechanic was killed."

"When?" Stiles questioned.

"A couple hours before you got there."

Astrid zoned out from the rest of the conversation, instead unwillingly being taken to that familiar dreamscape. The stench of death was in the air everywhere Astrid turned in that place, even when she walked to the front door. She was in the front room of the sheriff's department again, but the deputy wasn't standing to greet her this time. The woman was on the floor, eyes unmoving with claw marks running down the front of her body. Her gun had been taken and when Astrid looked into another room she could see three more bodies mutilated the same way.