one.

01. | TWILIGHT TOWN.
( wolf moon, part one )

Beacon Hills, California

It was the newest town, and not one that interested Astrid very much. Woods surrounded the town, and for some reason she got a creepy, Twilight vibe from it. Out of all the places in the states, her father had picked this one. 

Sure she could handle it for a few weeks, maybe a month at the most. But this time, it was official. The father-daughter duo were finally settling down into a house, and it was here. Boy was she pissed. 

Since she was little, Astrid had never gotten the chance to actually have friends. You know, like the really insane best friends that you see in the movies. The ones that come over to your house at midnight with junk food and movies just for the fun of it. She'd never gotten the chance to have a boyfriend either, which she was grateful for. But now that they were moving into the place, she would have a chance to have everything she'd dreamed of.

It scared the hell out of her. 

Wanting to make a good impression, Astrid had looked her appearance over numerous times in the mirror. Each time, she found something out of place, like nothing wanted her to look great today.

She scoffed at the thought, "Who the hell am I trying to impress?" 

Only the people that would see her for the rest of her school career. 

Before the girl could panic again, a call from her dad made her rush downstairs. She wasn't the only one that was getting ready for an important day - Makoa had his first day of work. One that wasn't at some crappy fast food place or little jobs around town. No, this one was for the Beacon Hills Police Department. Now she was the deputy's daughter, and the thought almost made her smile. 

For years they'd lived off of the small money that Makoa's various jobs brought in and a lot of help from her uncle Dom. It wasn't the most practical way of living, or respectable, but the two were okay as long as the other was around. It wasn't the way that Makoa wanted to raise his daughter anyway, but her mother's death brought a lot of unexpected twists. 

Seeing her dad in his uniform made a laugh erupt from Astrid's chest, one that she tried to cover up. 

"Is something funny?" the older man asked, narrowing his eyes at his daughter playfully.

The brunette shook her head, "Nothing at all. Just the fact that that uniform oddly suits you. Maybe you were meant to be a snitch." 

Ignoring his daughter's comment, Makoa grabbed his car keys from the hook. The teenager followed behind, surprised at the cold air outside. California wasn't usually this cold, but at least it wasn't snowing like in Montana. 

⁂