24: All I Ever Wanted

Hello! This chapter is dedicated to @JANAKI :D

I need your help guys. Do you want me to include details about each ritual that happens in the wedding? Please let me know in your comments!

CHAPTER 24: All I Ever Wanted

OCTOBER 29:

3pm-

"AMRITA! GO HAVE A SHOWER! IT'S ALMOST TIME TO LEAVE!" Ma shouted.

"In a minute," I mumbled.

Amay and I were in the middle of the most intense FIFA game we had ever played.

3:30pm-

"Amay, get out of your ass! I need you to pick up Anu Atthe! Get Ready!" Bhavna akka bellowed at Amay, who was honestly playing FIFA like a complete douchebag.

"Sure." He said and continued playing as though he was pressing all buttons of the controller at once.

Bhavna Akka and Avni Akka bolted out of the house to the salon.

Avni and Vihaan were finally getting engaged today. Another one of my sisters was getting married. As much as I was happy for her, I also felt a little bad as she was the only sister I was really close to.

And what was worse was the fact that weird overweight aunties would come to me wagging their eyebrows saying "You're next." Oh joy.

4:00pm-

I was on the brink of my 100th victory against Amay, when Ajji charged towards us and turned the TV off.

"AJJI!" Amay and I shouted.

"Chup! We have to leave for your sister's engagement in half an hour and both of you'll are sitting here like boulders! Go get ready!" She said and threw us out of the living room.

I crawled to my room and stared at my face for 5 minutes. My face looked sleep deprived and pale as it usually did and also today was the day when it decided to randomly place a pimple on the centre of my nose. I stared at it with absolute horror, but there was nothing I could do about it.

I washed my hair in 10 minutes and wore my new orange Salwar Kameez. I had no interest in dolling myself up as the only person I could find a reason looking good for was in USA doing God knows what. Nevertheless, thinking about my poor mother's reaction on seeing me underdressed was a good enough reason to put in a little bit of effort.

I slowly put on some Kajal with care since I was scared that I'd poke my eye out and then applied some lip balm. With one look at myself, I grabbed my Dupatta and trotted out of the room with complete satisfaction.

Since Bhavna Akka had accompanied Avni to the salon, I was given the task of helping Adi Anna with Amartya and Shaurya.

I was happily cooing at baby Shaurya when Rutu, on seeing me, yelped and dragged me along with Shaurya to her room.

"You are NOT going to look like this at our sister's wedding!" She said with pure disgust.

"Oh shut up, Tutu. I look fine. Drama madbeda." I said.

"Don't call me Tutu!" She said. It always pisses her off. "Give him to me," She said, taking Shaurya in her arms. She placed him delicately on her bed and turned to me.

"If you're going to paint my face, I swear-"

"Oh shut up Ammi." She said picking up her makeup stuff. Those brushes looked like weapons to me.

After five minutes of agony, I was finally dismissed.

"You're welcome." She said as I slowly opened my eyes.