She gives him a jaunty salute. "Yes Sir, Alpha Sir!"

"She should give you more respect," Lee criticizes as she walks back to the rest of the pack.

Deucalion snorts. "Like you do?"

Lee smiles, content. "It's all a part of the job."

----------

June 18, 2004

2:14 PM

Chris is freaking out.

Chris is standing in the middle of a Pots'N'Stuff, surrounded by plants and dirt and flowers, and he's freaking the fuck out.

He's never been on a first date.

It was always sneaking out behind his father's back.

Or being told he was arranged to marry a woman from another clan.

He's almost thirty years old, and he's never been on a first date.

His phone is at his ear before he can register that he's dialed a number.

"Hello?" the voice on the other end purrs.

"Peter,"—shit, Chris can't believe he's saying this—"I need your help."

"Hmmm, getting cold feet are we?"

"No!" Chris defends, jumping back as an employee tries to spritz water on a plant next to him. He stalks over to another aisle and clenches a fist. "I just...what kind of flowers does Stiles like?"

Silence.

"If I can recall correctly, I think he's mentioned lilies. Stargazer lilies."

His shoulders unwind.

Stargazer lilies. He can get those.

Chris clears his throat a bit awkwardly. "Are we still on for 5:30, then?"

Peter laughs sensuously. "This is going to be amazing." And then he hangs up.

Chris takes a few moments for himself, breathing evenly until he can finally focus on the mission at hand.

Stargazer lilies.

----------

June 18, 2004

5:59 PM

"We're here," Peter continues, voice low, "to ask you..."

"On a date," Chris finishes, holding out the bouquet of stargazer lilies. "With the both of us."

Stiles stands, hands covering his nipples and mouth softly gaping open. "A date?" he whispers.

"With the both of us," Peter adds. "We've talked it over, and we want to make this work."

Slowly lowering his hands, Stiles feels tears well in his eyes. "God, you two are so amazing it's stupid!" He carefully lifts Chris' proffered flowers and takes a hesitant sniff.

Stiles turns adoring eyes on Chris. "These are beautiful."

Chris' face blushes. "Not as beautiful as yo—"

He's cut off as Stiles crashes his lips against Chris'.

When Stiles pulls back with a wet smack and a huge grin, Chris can't help but follow his lips. After a few more lazy kisses, they part.

"That was rather hot," Peter murmurs, eyes heavy.

Stiles smooths out his hair and takes a step back. He sets the flowers on Derek's desk and practically sprints over to the closet. "Just—uh, give me a second to change. You can sit..." Stiles scrambles over to the rolling chair and clears off a bunch of research. "...here, or, uh stand—"