Chapter 27

Deposed Empress General 27- Opportunity

When Yang Lianting descended the mountain, Mu Qing Xie actually didn't send him off. He stood under the statue of Shennong, the cool clean water flowing through. The left grand sect guard, Nie Shan reported, "Sect Leader, the ones this subordinate sent to gather information, reported that Yang Lianting doesn't have any relatives or friends in Jinyang city, and in fact, no one can say where his ancestral home is."

Saying thus, he passed forth the sect branch's return letter. Mu Qing Xie slowly received it, opening it to look at it, saying, "In the future, Bai Yu sect's sect members are not allowed to interact with this person. But also are not allowed to cause him trouble."

Nie Shan said, "Yes." And then thinking over it, said, "Sect leader, currently our sect is being heavily used by his majesty, and this Yang Lianting is only a child in his teens, so as to why sect leader is taking this matter so seriously, actually causes this subordinate to find it a bit inexplicable."

Mu Qing Xie sighed, saying, "Nie Shan, with how you see Great Yan currently, who would be raising their own secret forces?"

"Huh?" Nie Shan didn't understand the meaning.

Mu Qing Xie softly muttered to himself, "What are you really planning on doing?"

Mu Qing Xie was currently pondering this, and Yang Lianting had already begun returning to Jinyang. He knew that he had failed his mission, and his heart could not but feel a little bit unsettled. But Mu Qing Xie, this person, with just one look one could tell he was someone who had his own motives, and entirely didn't even give him any opportunity.

Yang Lianting held the jade box which contained the nine needles in his left hand, and as he was lost in his own thoughts, a voice beside him sounded out, "You walk so slow that even turtles would get trampled to death by you!"

Yang Lianting was startled, and hurriedly looked over, only seeing that Leng Feiyan had, since some unknown time followed behind his back. Yang Lianting was secretly excited-- although his martial arts was not at Leng Feiyan's level, but even since when had it gotten to the stage where she could get close to him without his noticing?

Leng Feiyan smiled gleefully, asking, "What are you thinking, to be so lost in thought?"

Yang Lianting was also a bit helpless, saying, "Didn't you see? I was scurried away from the mountain by Bai Yu sect."

Leng Feiyan said, "I saw it, ah. But I wanted to make you repeat it again to rub it in."

Yang Lianting: "......"

While he was unable to form words, Leng Feiyan had already gone over to look at the box's nine needles, saying, "What type of bug is this? It's so strange, so let me borrow it to play with it for two days!"

Yang Lianting quickly took it back, saying, "Stop messing around, as after we return I don't know how to report back to lord master!"

Leng Feiyan stretched her shoulders, saying, "Unfortunately Ah Zuo isn't around." Yang Lianting sighed, and shut the jade box.

After returning to Jinyang city, Yang Lianting sat around for a few days, restless. But Murong Yan didn't actually have additional signals for him.

This morning, while Yang Lianting was just preparing to open the medical hall to start business, suddenly, from outside, a group of soldiers rushed in. The head soldier asked, "You are Yang Lianting?"

Yang Lianting was startled, saying, "That's right. Has something happened?"

The head guard didn't actually say more, but waved his hand, and the guards charged forth like wolves and lions, tying Yang Lianting up, and escorting him out.