Chapter 12

Deposed Empress General 12- Military Observer

After returning from the horse field, Murong Yan immediately went into his study. Zuo Canglang quietly watched over him from outside the room. Even though he had been appointed Qi Yi marquis, but the officials that came to congratulate him from court were not actually many. And his estate remained quiet, and there was only the occasional sound of the cawing of ravens.

An attendant sent over the dinner meal, but Murong Yan didn't move at all. The servants couldn't do anything, but to inform Wang Yunzhao. Wang Yunzhao was also in a tough spot, as currently, within the whole estate, who didn't know about what had happened with Jiang Bilan?

The master's heart wasn't feeling well, this, everyone knew.

Wang Yunzhao brought a few small dishes over, and stood outside for a while, saying, "Miss Zuo, his highness hasn't had dinner yet, even now. Why don't......"

Zuo Canglang understood his intent, and went ahead to receive the plates. "How about I go inside to ask again."

Wang Yunzhao's expression relaxed, "We'll count on miss."

This was the benefit of having a female subordinate by one's side, as no matter how Murong Yan was, at the least, he wouldn't throw a temper tantrum at a woman.

Zuo Canglang brought the dishes in, while Murong Yan sat next to his desk, his hand had drawn half of something green, fell to the side, but he didn't lift it again. Zuo Canglang didn't look at the contents of the painting, but put the food onto a table, "Lord master, the time is already not early, please eat first."

Murong Yan put aside his brush, saying, "Accompany me to drink some wine."

Zuo Canglang was startled, saying, "This subordinate believes, right now is not the time to ignore one's wounds via intoxication. How about this subordinate pour some tea for master." After she finished speaking, she arranged the cutlery, and indeed began pouring him a cup of tea.

Murong Yan held the tea in his hand, and saw that the tea was warm and strong. He smiled a bit, saying, "You, ah...... when did you also learn to be so bothersome."

Zuo Canglang added some more veggies to his bowl, saying, "Just a moment ago."

Murong Yan smiled, saying, "Then just accompany me and eat some, you are a slave with big guts." Zuo Canglang sat across from him, he gaze slowly descending. Murong Yan drank a mouthful of hot tea, saying, "But what you've said is true, right now is not the time to ignore my issues with wine."

At the end of the fourth month, when the matter between the crown prince and Jiang Bilan had slowly cooled down, the northwestern army camp sent some news, Cheng Yu country had recently been secretly accumulating troops, and probably would make some move soon. King Yan issued an edict, ordering Wenqi to quickly prepare for war, and at the same time, he ordered Murong Yan to leave for the northwestern army camp, on one hand rewarding the troops, and on the second hand, he would become a general.

This support, exceeded everyone's expectations. Murong Yan, had for so many years, been neglected from taking any duties in court. Currently, king Yan suddenly sent him into the military, and the court officials couldn't help but privately speculate and consider what it was all about.

Murong Yan received the edict, and according to propriety, thanked his grace, and gifted the eunuch that announced the edict.

After the eunuch had left, he turned around, and said to Zuo Canglang, "You called it."

Zuo Canglang seemed as though there was something else on her mind, and asked, "His highness wants your highness to reward the troops, but did he send forth any new funding or rations?" Murong Yan pointed to himself, "Why don't you take another look?"