The Yang family ancestral tomb wasn't particularly renovated, and after Yang Lianting had paid some respects, that afternoon, the three of them returned to the city. Wang Yunzhao had already ordered some people to come and receive them, and Zuo Canglang asked, "Steward Wang, where are we going now?" Wang Yunzhao said, "His highness ordered this old servant to bring mistress Zuo into the estate, while mistress Leng and gentleman Leng will stay at an inn to rest for now, as they will have different orders in a few days."

Zuo Canglang was still a bit unrelieved, asking, "Does steward happen to know what sort of preparations they are?"

Wang Yunzhao smiled, but rather graciously said, "His highness naturally wouldn't treat three young masters lightly, so mistress Zuo you can relax." Leng Feiyan, seemingly smiling but not smiling, said, "Now things are good, someone has gotten into what she wanted."

Zuo Canglang immediately blushed heavily, and immediately picked her foot up to give her a small kick. Leng Feiyan agilely jumped away, laughing gleefully. Yang Lianting shook his head, watching the two mess around. Right as they had gotten to the bridge, some servants came to help Leng Feiyan and Yang Lianting stable their horses. Wang Yunzhao said, "Mistress Zuo, please follow this old servant."

At the grayish-white bridge, there were a few weeping willows. Zuo Canglang turned around, and saw that Leng Feiyan and Yang Lianting were both also watching her. They all looked at each other, knowingly, but without words, for a long time, and then Leng Feiyan waved her hands, and rode her horse with the servants, leaving. Yang Lianting moved his mouth a bit, finally saying, "I will be careful; you also-- take care."

Zuo Canglang nodded, and Yang Lianting also rode off. His horse moved rapidly, growing more and more distant, before finally disappearing in the light fog. Zuo Canglang followed Wang Yunzhao, not in a hurry, heading towards Murong Yan's estate.

Murong Yan hadn't become a titled Duke yet, so his estate was limited in what was proper, and wasn't particularly extravagant. But after taking a stroll inside, there were some things that were overlooked, and it was apparent that it its master had good taste.

Wang Yunzhao led Zuo Canglang inside, and Murong Yan was inside by a pond, looking at a book. Seeing her arrive, asked, "Today, was everything smooth with sailing when you went to sweep the tombs with Yang Lianting?"

Wang Yunzhao slowly retreated, and Zuo Canglang reverently responded, "Responding to lord master, everything went well. Only......" Murong Yan lifted his head, and Zuo Canglang continued, saying, "Only regarding Yang family's case, he still has some suspicions."

Murong Yan put his book aside, and stood up, walking to the side of the pavilion. From here, looking out towards the outer gardens, one could see the blueness of the pond, and the jade bridge crossing over a small stream. The night wind was coming, and some rain drops had penetrated the screens, coming over, landing under the roof, one's head could somewhat feel a nagging chill.

Zuo Canglang finally lifted her head, asking him, "Lord master, was the Yang family really framed by someone?"

Murong Yan said, "Yang Jiling's case, it really is strange. Although father king ordered the execution, but when Yang Jiling was being escorted to Xingchang, right before he got there, he was already dead. Additionally, not long after the Yang family was executed, Yang estate was burnt down, and a large fire burned not just everything in the house, but Yang Jiling's study was burnt to a crisp. Even though Yang Lianting was sold as a slave as a child, but someone had tried to make a move against his life covertly. Not even leaving a child to live, other than if they were afraid their guilt would be exposed, there doesn't seem to be any other reason to explain it."