For some reason, I felt like a burden had been lifted off my chest. I breathed out heavily, the smile set permanently on my face.

The prospect of meeting Blaze again in a few minutes made me all jittery, as if I was on a sugar rush.

Then I stopped in my tracks. The shop was ten paces behind me. I turned back and walked back into the shop again.

Caspian was still there, while a lady called for the meds of the airport. Caspian saw me walking back into the shop and his eyes lit up with hope for one second.

"Oh and one more thing.",I said.

"What?",he asked hopefully.

"It's over.",I said, loudly and clearly, feeling the non-existent chains around my wrists slowly evaporate.

His face fell. He nodded solemnly and gulped. He turned to face the other way.

I strode out of the shop. For some reason, the hope that I saw in his eyes started pricking at my conscience.

Had I hurt him way more than I had intended to?

                                 ♡

I stumbled into the local police station and cursed the uplifted pavement near the door. One of the officers shot me a weird look and then went back to his work.

I walked around the station until one of the officers stopped me. He was tall and had dark brown hair with piercing brown eyes.
"How can I help you?",he asked. His face was serious.

"Um, I need to um...bail someone out?",I said sheepishly.

He narrowed his eyes.
"Randy! Handle this girl here.",he shouted and nodded at me before walking away.

Then a familiar looking officer walked towards me. He raised his eyebrows in surprise. It was one of the officers from the airport.
"Here so soon? Looks like you both fancy each other way too much.",he chuckled.

I had stop myself from rolling my eyes.
"So what do I have to do to get him out?",I said.

"Is the other guy okay? Does he want to file charges against him?", Randy asked as he led me towards the cells.

"They're brothers.",I said.

"Oh. I see. You'll just have to fill out some forms. Then you both can leave.",Randy said.

I nodded as he made me sit at one of the tables. He handed out a sheet and a pen. I filled out all the details in a few minutes and handed the sheet to Randy.

"That's it then. But he'll have to do some community work as compensation. 3 months.",Randy shrugged and scratched his chin.

"Three months? He'll miss out a third of his college year!",I said.

"Well then if you're willing to help, you can split up the work. Only this month if you both are willing to do it.",he said.

"Done.",I said. Randy smirked.

"Well then, looks like we've got to get your boyfriend out now.",Randy said amusedly as he walked towards the back of the police station.

"He's not my boyfriend.",I mumbled and blushed.

"Soon will be, kid.",he said.

I rolled my eyes but smiled nonetheless. I took off my specs and shoved them into my jeans pocket. I could see just fine without them for a short distance. I straightened up my hair and adjusted my shirt.

Then Randy stopped in front of a cell and waved his hand towards it.

I saw Blaze sitting on the floor with his legs crossed out in front of him and his hands resting behind his back. He closed his eyes as he hummed something to himself.