[ 21 ]

hap·pi·ness.
[ˈhapēnəs]
noun

the state of being happy

-
rough hiatus

the sun bid its farewell with a golden gleam and arrived the breeze cold enough for the sinking night. yuta and sicheng still didn't get enough of the carnival's wonders and started fooling around the magic show. their silliness bursting the place around with soft colors.

"what can we do next?"

"watch the fireworks show!" yuta snitched and it made sicheng's inside light up, his eyes glinting in anticipation.

"oh? really? let's watch! where is it?" his voice drizzled in excitement. jumping lightly as he tug yuta's shirt.

"it'll happen later, let's ride the ferris wheel for the best view" yuta smiled showing him two tickets he had acquired earlier.

"baby, you're the best!" sicheng danced a silly wave, as bubbles drift to the air, swiftly moving to sprinkle sicheng and the kids around the show that was giggling as they try to shoot their hands up.

yuta snorted pinching sicheng's nose, "more like you're the baby" he giggled.

"are you okay?" sicheng tottered, his silly smile not even fading from his face.

"why do you ask?" sicheng shrugged his shoulder, "random thing"

"what time is it?" 

yuta glanced at his wristwatch, "almost seven"

"can we go now? fireworks show would start at eight, right?" talking about it never fail to make sicheng's eyes glisten. yay! fireworks! and i'm with yuta!

"we could go now they're probably filling each box thingy now, line would bust up"

yuta grinned, pulling sicheng's wrist as they strode through the crowd. the dreamy light of each stalls only made their situation more fairytale-like and yuta looked like he had his face glowing. did sicheng perm his hair?

it's probaby the atmosphere, they both thought as they ran with hands intertwined as their thoughts fill up with how beautiful each other was.

they proceeded into the growing line of people, everyone sharing the childish anticipation of riding the wheel that had churned to life. it'd last for ten minutes and the night made the lights shine brighter than ever.

"a ride for two," yuta smiled and the staff acquired the tickets and went to guiding them into the box.

it was a closed space for four people to sit upon and sicheng jumped in first, next to yuta who thanked the one who closed the door.

it was a space of privacy and love and the chairs had memories of time scribbled down.

yuta smiled as they slowly start to ascend away from the ground, and sicheng shifted beside him when he looked down.

"now that we're here i started to recall i have acrophobia"

yuta chuckled at the remark, pinching sicheng's cheek.

he looked up, seeing a red button and eventually standing up (actually couldn't stand up because the space was small)

"what does this button do?" sicheng asked as he turn to yuta, trying to press the button.

"hey! what if our compartment falls!" he pulled sicheng's wrist, both of them falling down much to yuta's shock. sicheng's weight on top of his, they bursted in laughter.

"get up, you twerp!" the older giggled and sicheng turned flushed pink, recovering from the sudden fall he sat beside yuta.

it was cold inside the four corners of the confined place and sicheng never failed to twitch and shift in the small room still in with the horror of different plausible scenarios that could happen.

his heart raced, thinking of the possibility of falling or the ride stopping or even the wires setting on fire. what if a giant meteor lands exactly on them? all of those thoughts flooded in his head and he started to tremble.

because he just clung onto yuta's arms for straight five minutes while he was pouting. the cold air still in the sizzle of the night, the carnival's noisy crowd almost fading as they become farther from the ground.

"it's okay," yuta chuckled, patting sicheng's head as he try to calm him down, the boy still full of thoughts was still nibbling in his lip as he play with his foot.

"almost the peak, almost the peak, almost the peak" he murmured like a mantra.

"hey, hey. the fireworks would be here already. calm down"

"no, i can't. we'll definitely fall! remember that i love you, hyung. we'll definitely fall!" sicheng mumbled, gripping yuta who was laughing at his lover's despair

their compartment arrived the peak and sicheng just couldn't sit back calmly, "i don't know why others wants to ride this, im fine with walking- oh my god" he stopped mumbling as he tried looking down, the transparent glass showing how far they were from the ground.

"i think i'm gonna die" sicheng spoke out of breath and yuta smiled at him.

"yuta hyung, we'll—"

yuta chuckled as he pulled him closer, closing their distance with a kiss.

sicheng's heart couldn't calm down, not because they were gonna fall but because he was kissing yuta.

and the fireworks started, the crackling lights rejoicing in the night sky: pink, blue, silver, red and every colors was alive and dancing.

yuta pulled away with sicheng flushed pink and the biggest fireworks of all sparked through the night.

we're nearing the end, im thankful for everyone of you!