[ 20 ]

fixed.
[fikst]
adjective

fastened securely in position.

-

yuta huffed out of frustration, looking at sicheng across him.

"yes, i understand. kun needs help, he does" yuta mumbled.

it was okay for him. it took sicheng 2 years to recover from trauma.

"but im quite afraid—"

"don't be silly"

"no, sicheng, listen—"

"he's my friend"

"no, listen—!"

"he's undergoing treatments!"

"—i'm just afraid he'd hurt you again!"

it was a sudden burst. yuta nibbled his lips and sicheng gasped, they didn't know to do.

sicheng smiled but before he can even speak, a knock was heard.

"i'd get it" he muttered and rushed to the door afterwards hearing a, "kun-ge!"

"good afternoon, yuta" kun graced, looking around as his gaze fell onto yuta, who has his brows furrowed.

"why is he here— ouch!" he gagged onto his words making sicheng apologetically smile, glaring and mumbling a "you'd get more than a nudge if you won't be nice"

kun giggled, "sicheng's too nice he invited me in, i'm sorry i could just go back—"

"no! no! not a disturbance at all! be our guest let's go to the carnival as a trio! yoohoo!" yuta pranced, dancing on his own making sicheng facepalm and kun burst into laughter.

"let's go, kun-ge!" sicheng parted, clinging onto kun and dragging him out leaving yuta with a grimace on his face.

-

"ugh, why would i wear that stupid thing?" kun fretted, looking at sicheng who was asking him to wear a bunny headband.

they were inside the miscellaneous store in the carnival and yuta enjoyed looking over the things. from candies to silly masks and the headbands.

"why not? it adds the fun experience!" sicheng sang in glee.

kun giggled and reached for something on the top shelf, showing a headband with small demon horns, "this fits me more"

sicheng scrunched his nose, snatching the headband from him and placing— what much more looked beautiful for kun— headband with a halo of an angel's.

"that's more like it!"

"whatever, sicheng. whatever," kun murmured as he smiled the smile that made his aborable dimples show, pinching sicheng's cheek.

he looked at himself, did the halo really fit him? he didn't agree but he smiled to himself, thinking that someone still thinks of him normal and kind. that he was far better than what voices at night tells him.

"wear this, yuta-chan!" sicheng beamed— of course yuta was the one who made him learn that —and placing the headband with a springy yellow star on it.

it was one of these times where they would feel the entire zoo in their stomachs. a funny fluttering feeling.

"look at what i found!" yuta beamed, placing the headband with a crescent moon attached in a spring on top of the black haired boy.

it made them look like celestial lovers with an angel as their guide. they always looked perfect.

"is this enough carnival attire?" kun uttered, blowing the curtaining of his hair.

"oh! angel kun in the house!" yuta hooted

"shut it, yuta" kun murmured.

"the rides are waiting! come on!" sicheng hollered, skipping steps as he went out.

"let's go prince charming!" yuta giggled pulling kun by his wrist which made kun smile and actually follow him out.

"so should we do the racking pirate ship?" sicheng beamed as the two boys went out, his eyes glistening over a ride filled with people and their hands in the air, screaming their lungs out.

"what about no" kun said curtly, his eyes glued to the scary ride as his insides trembled.

"the teacup thingy then?" sicheng smiled running to the ride with least people in line. it has slowly spinning life size teacups and kids. filled with kids fooling around as they turn themselves in the teacups but sicheng did fit in with his crescent headbands and his smile full of anticipation.

yuta and kun hurriedly followed.

kun acquired the tickets giving it to both yuta and sicheng.

they rode individual teacups (the teacup can actually accommodate three kids and not adults) but still enjoyed fooling around while the teacups were rotating.

after the teacups they went to the merry go round (in the process of boarding, yuta stumbled upon the raised platform) kun decided to play knight and rode on the horse and the couple rode separate carriages (sicheng was the damsel in distress as kun had agreed).

kun and yuta afterwards began boasting off in the balloon popping saying they'd get the biggest prize. (they had the banana eating monkey for popping two balloons and unexpectedly had sicheng winning the big squishy penguin as the biggest prize) and they played more carnival games wherein they lose against each other while sicheng just spoon-feeds them little snacks as he endure their bickering.

they actually went on the racking pirate ship. (they had kun begging for his life as they board and actually had yuta vomiting after) and they also rode the roller-coaster  with yuta crying ("please let me go home!") but they proceeded and no vomiting happened ever again. 

the sun almost set as kun bid his farewell, saying he had an appointment for therapy.

to be continued...

be safe, be healthy, take care!