I look at her with disgust. Pathetic humans.

     "Of course." She sputters, suddenly flustered. I glance down as she fumbles with the computer. The receptionist spends some time clicking away on the device, her long nails making small noises on the keyboard. She suddenly faces me with a shy smile.

     "Just go right in, honey. Second door to the right. He'll be waiting." She says, leaning forward to show some cleavage.

     I don't spare any time waiting around. I need to get away from the overbearing woman before I go completely insane. It was hard enough not showing her how offsetting her manners really were. That's a sight I won't soon forget, unfortunately. I shiver in revulsion.

     When I get to the door, I don't spare a knock, I just walk right in. I have to mentally scold myself for that minor slip up.

     I'm too used to the world I've been living in. Humans don't know my status or power, they can't sense those things. They don't have instincts like the supernatural. They're too weak, too mundane.

     The President is sitting with his feet propped up on his desk, lazily laid back in his leather swivel chair with enough arrogance to make me roll my eyes. Another human sits across from him, she has a cigarette hanging from between her fingers as she laughs at something he must have said before I entered the small room.

     They both turn to look at me standing in the doorway. The President's mouth opens, his jaw lowering while he looks me up and down. We've already met mind you, but humans can never seem to contain their reactions when they see me. It's clear across their faces.

     The same goes for the human woman. She adjusts her blonde hair and wipes at her cheeks, clearly trying to look her best as her scent of fear tinges with a heavy dose of excitement.

     Excitement of all things.

     "Professor Riley, nice of you to join us." Irwin says, gulping as his dark eyes flicker around. The male is too scared to make eye contact with me. I try not to show how smug that makes me.

     I also forgot that I'm to be under the cover name of Riley. Any werewolf or lycan would hear the name Veiler and run for the hills. All of this would be pointless if that happened. I'm trying to keep a low profile, which is exactly why I can't scratch the eyes out of the female looking at me like I'm a piece of candy.

     Pathetic humans.

     "Well, you did ask me to come here. What is so important?" I ask darkly, narrowing my eyes on the male who is practically shaking behind the desk. He straightens his tie as if it might bring him some sort of relief, maybe ground him a bit, but it doesn't help.

     He's useless this way.

     "Yes, yes of course. I just wanted to make sure that you have everything prepared for your first class and that you are settling in well?" He mumbles, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration like each word is a chore to get past his lips.

     I hold back the feeling of annoyance. I'm out of practice with this, I'm not used to being around humans. I haven't had a full conversation with one in years.

     "Yes." I reply simply. Irwin's eyes widen, and he clears his throat.

     "You went over Professor Martin's syllabus?" He pushes. Oh yes, the Professor that I am filling in for.