She gives me on of her famous smiles but I notice that it doesn't reach her eyes "I am so happy you found him"

"I am happy you found Jonathan". I state

Jenna nods and leaves my room without another word.

Damn, it was crazy to think that just a few days ago I was still mateless Dawn, the girl everyone first avoided then felt sorry for and NOW I was freaking mated to someone like Alvaro.
ALVARO, a man who was extremely handsome, sweet, polite and funny. But most importantly he was mysterious and interesting, so kind but also possessive in a cute way.
I could not wait to see him again today.

I decide to take a quick shower and get ready for the academy. Since it is Friday, I just need to get through only a few hours of training and then I will have the rest of the week off. I was a bit bumped that Grace had a cold and would not be attending class today but I guess I'll manage on my own. It was quiet rare for werewolves to get sick but my best friend just went out there and caught the flu..

I run down the stairs too eager to have some breakfast. The house was awfully quiet so all I could do was scroll down in my phone while I had a bowl of Cheerios. Jenna probably already left to meet her mate and everyone else was at their jobs.

Right as I locked the door and headed to the bus station a car stopped beside me. I turned around and instantly recognized John's blonde hair.
"Hey, Dawn. Where are you headed?"

"John! Hey. The police academy actually. I got an early class once again." I sigh

"That's in the human village, right? I am heading there as well. Hop in I'll give you a ride." He suggests and I only think about it for a second since John has been kind enough to drive me to the academy once or twice before.

I get inside the vehicle and put my seatbelt on immediately.
"Aren't you the law-abided citizen?" John jokes easily.

"Well, I am going to be a police officer .I need to be a good role model." I deadpan with a smile.

After a few minutes pass, we reach the police station in no time. As I am about to get out after thanking him politely he grabs my wrist gently.

"Hey, look. I just wanted to ask you about last night. Maybe even apologize. I got this feeling your date was about to murder me although I have no idea what I did wrong" He admits awkwardly

"Oh... Yeah. That was actually my mate, Alvaro. He is not from around here. We found each other very recently... Where he comes from they have very different traditions about mates and he kinda felt like your behavior towards me was inappropriate. I explained to him that things work a lot differently in our pack and he acknowledged his mistake. I am sorry if we put you in an uncomfortable situation." I state really hoping for John to understand where I am coming from.

"Oh God. I had no idea that was your mate. I freaking winked at you- of course he got mad. I am sorry, Dawn. I hope this won't make things awkward between us."

"Of course not. Shoot, I need to run to class. Thanks so much for the drive."

John leans forward and gives me a small hug. "Don't even mention it."

----------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Anderson seemed a bit out of focus in today's training. He did not push us hard enough. He barely made us do anything actually besides running. Being a werewolf, I got bored pretty quickly especially since Grace was absent. 5 pm could not come fast enough.

Finally our class was over and I was free. I felt impatient, knowing I was seeing Alvaro again so soon. I did not bother putting any make up on after my shower cause my mate mentioned I should wear something comfortable. This whole thing felt like we were just two random people dating although WE already knew we were going to end up together.