Holds Malicious Motives

8 Years Ago

8 Years Ago

"You are finally awake."  My father grabs me for a tight hug. 

I can hear his muttering that he regrets going out and not immediately going home afterward. 

I stared at my hands and found the bruised wrist fully healed like it was untouched. "What happened?"

My father let go but still held my hand. 

"After meeting at the rendezvous point, I sold the crown and received the money at the same time. I came home and found you on the ground, blood everywhere and naked. I rushed you straight to the hospital and-" He bit his lip as if he is refraining from saying something.  

"What is it?" 

He looked at me with tears in his eyes, "You died, Pey. I don't know but somehow, you came back to life with these...blue eyes."

"Let me see." 

He hesitated but grabbed his phone and showed my reflection. It was like seeing a different person. Part of my hair has a blue streak in the front, my face cleared up the pores on my nose, and my lip color changed into rosy red. As I focused onto my grey eyes, it changed into a vibrant blue that everyone has been talking about. 

I dropped my father's phone and my facial expression was like witnessing a ghost. 

"What's going ton?" My hands begin to shake from fright. 

"I don't know. Whatever it is, I'll stay by your side." 

As touching those words are, the doctor my father was talking to came inside and started talking about my health concern. After he explained, he asks, "When we did a full checkup, we found your anus bleeding and we came to ask and I know this is a sensitive question but were you involved in any type of sexual intercourse?"

I remembered everything that has happened. Ollithan. His father. Knife. Everything. 

I kept quiet. My father asks the doctor, "My son hasn't had any type of intercourse. It becomes clear that my son was raped in our home. Is there anything you can do?"

The doctor put his clipboard to the side of him. "Unfortunately, his attacker didn't leave any residue inside or outside of him. And-"

"Are you saying there's nothing we can do?"

I kept quiet but tears were forming in my eyes. 

The doctor looked at my father with sadness. "I'm afraid you can't. Not without crucial evidence." 

I saw my father's fist tighten, but soon lets go of his suppressed anger and ask about my discharge. 

The doctor leaves to get the home-care schedule needed for me.