'Light and Breezy'

author's note: quick psa, this is the longest ever fucking one-shot i've written. i literally took a whole month to get my head around this quickly. firstly because i was on writer's block for like three weeks and secondly, i wanted to execute it as perfectly as possible. so, without further ado, please enjoy ! i tried to make the one-shot as enjoyable, but still adaptable to read !! much love, ree. ALSO,, thank yall so much for 100k !! it's still surreal to think people still read this n love it! i love yall— this one's for you ❤️❤️

"Light and breezy is how you describe a linen pantsuit, not a relationship that you know deep inside, you would risk anything for."

And those seemingly wise words were enough to get him thinking; what if?

All that ever ran inside of his mind was the idea that they could never and he really means never be together. Given all the circumstances, it was either he was 'in love' with someone else, or in a relationship for that matter, or she was married and somewhat content. But as much as those situations occurred repetitively, it always seemed like the universe had something else to say.

Through their every relationship, through their own ups and downs, through what they had thought, "could've been", the universe never failed to keep bringing them back together.

And maybe those signs were enough to make him reevaluate his initial hopes for a future he had always dreamed for the two of them. And Lizzie, being the wise woman "beyond her years" that she was, was given this perfect chance just to prove it to him.

"Chris, you know for a fact that you've wanted this. You've constantly told yourself that you can't, but it never meant you still wanted it."

The blue-eyed beauty sighed in exasperation and sunk deeper into the couch residing inside of his trailer. Why does she have to be so goddamn right all the time? It's not fair.

"I know. And I know that's she's only finalised her divorce with, um, yeah, and, ugh, I-I don't know, I honestly think it wouldn't be worth risking everything," Shaking his head, Chris couldn't help but drown himself in a sea of his own self-doubt.

But, Lizzie wasn't going to take this as an answer, especially because she had just spent over forty minutes trying to get Chris to realise his true feelings for Scarlett. And she clearly didn't want to waste any more time consoling his indecisive feelings.

Grabbing the nearest pillow to the left of her, the brunette threw it directly at her co-star, in hopes to snap him out of the doubtfulness he continually beat himself over and over again.

"Okay, you know what, I'm not having this. This is ridiculous, I've told you so many times to chase what you love, and I'm really just trying to be the supportive best friend, but, please, for the love of God, Christopher, ask her the fuck out."

Chris didn't know how to react. First, it was because he had never seen Lizzie go off like this, ever. Secondly, it was like she took the words right out of his mouth, like some sort of mind reader. So he sat there, unable to utter any words thereafter.

And that's when Lizzie knew, she had done her part. All was left was for Chris to finally grow some balls and finally ask Scarlett out on a date. Lizzie wasn't going to lecture him about how to ask her out on a date because, well, that was his job. It's only a matter of fact if he decides to actually do it or not.

"Co-parenting was never easy," said every divorcée ever. However, it's bad enough when your ex has decided to keep things 'borderline civil' between the two of you, let alone be situated on the other side of the planet.