Promise For Eternity

[Ps, whoever made this cute Fanart above, I adore you]

Steve had been out on a mission with Clint, somewhere in the Bahamas. Bruce and Thor were out playing a game of croquet in the sports level of the Tower. As for the others, they were either training, spending a day off or going on a date [Wanda and Vision].

At last, Natasha could enjoy a day off completely to herself. And with her baby inside the stomach, Sarah.

Steve and Natasha had sent James off to Pepper's family for a visit, since James had missed his 'not-really-biological' grandparents. And of course Pepper's parents had agreed, as they loved the company of children who were the same age as James.

With any piece of distraction that could simply ruin Natasha's day gone, she felt free and the most relaxed she's ever been.

Patting her stomach carefully she spoke to the fetus growing inside of her, "Baby, aren't you glad they're gone? We can finally have some Mommy and baby alone time." Natasha chuckled as she grabbed the jar of pickles from the fridge and began indulging in them, stuffing them straight into her mouth and sipping the juice as she went.

If Steve were here, he would've scrunched his face up in disgust and taken the jar away from her until she could learn to eat properly. Or respectfully as he quoted once.

But today, Natasha couldn't give one single damn. It was about time she was allowed to do the crazy things she wasn't allowed to do if the others were here.. Because of how much they would react.

Walking over to the couch carefully, Natasha had put her feet up on the coffee table as she ate the pickles and changed the channels on the wide screen TV.

Natasha preferred the home theatre but, she couldn't risk going down there so, the TV had to do.

An urge to stand up was coming through her body but, Natasha ignored the alert.

She stopped for a minute, waiting in silence to see what her stomach will do, cause for the last two weeks, she's had all these crazy contractions in odd times of the day.

Nothing was reacting so, she took the last pickle in the jar before quickly munching it down into her stomach, before continuing on to channel surf.

"Mrs Rogers, Miss Potts has arrived," FRIDAY, the AI spoke aloud, interrupting the red-head's thoughts.

"Yep, thanks, Friday." Natasha struggled to place her feet down properly onto the ground.

The elevator dinged, signaling Pepper's presence.

"How's my favorite pregnant human going?" She asked with enthusiasm.

"She's enjoying your pickles." Natasha smiled nervously.

Pepper looked annoyed. "Third time this week. Really, Nat? You finish all those pickle jars?"

Natasha nodded her head as Pepper sighed and placed all her shopping [including Natasha and Wanda's clothes] on the kitchen counter.

Friday's system stored away the shopping bags as soon as Pepper laid them out on the counter. She walked toward Natasha, sitting next to her on the couch.

Glancing at the empty pickle jar, Pepper knew Natasha had just finished eating the entire thing.

"Lazy day, huh?" Pepper asked.

Natasha nodded.

"Any contractions?"

Natasha shook her head. "I felt something but, it quickly faded."