Bars and Booze || 1 YEAR OF THIS BOOK !!

Sitting in a sad lonely bar filled with other couples, didn't make things easier for a single man like Steve Rogers. He came for a blind date but, as it always follows, the girl ditches because of some other, better reason.

5 martinis and 3 shots of vodka, you think that this loser in the bar sitting alone would be totally wasted? Wait until you get this. He's superhuman. And he has powers that allow his body to absorb the liquor he's consumed much, much faster. And the fact that he couldn't get drunk made him feel worse, believe it or not.

Maybe he should've gone home after he promised to himself; "If she was 2 hours late then I should leave," but, somehow there was something keeping him inside of the bar. Something was keeping him glued onto his seat.

The Bartender whom served Steve all his drinks went up him telling him that it's been exactly four hours since he arrived.

"Your girl isn't gonna come, man," He gave Steve a sad smile, while wiping drinking glasses with a cloth. Steve looked at him with somber eyes, shook his head and scoffed.

"Of course she isn't. If she were, we would've been gone by now.." Steve mumbled but, loud enough so the bartender, Robert, could still hear. Robert chuckled quietly and asked Steve if he wanted more drinks to pass time, until the bar closed.

Steve shook his head. Drinks weren't doing him any justice, so why would he bother?

"I'm alright." He responded. Robert the bartender asked if he was certain; of course he was certain.

At last, the lonely man was left, alone, on his own.

On the other side of the bar, sat a red-headed woman, all alone in one of those huge red booths, usually sat by groups of people.

Natasha Romanoff was her name and she sat there, drinking her sorrows away. Another stupid blind date and as if it wasn't clear enough, she too was stood up. So for the past three hours, she had waiters and waitresses handing her drinks of beer and occasionally shots of vodka. She never asked for food, not even once.

Like Steve, the affect of alcohol wasn't present in her system. So by the strike of hour three, Natasha stopped drinking and just sat in her lonely booth, with her tired looking face.

She knew she had the option of leaving but, somehow, there was something keeping her there.

Walking up to the bar stools, Natasha sat herself down next to Steve. She looked towards his way and chuckled quietly to herself.

"Drunk?" She asked him.

Steve turned to her direction in return, assuming it was him who she was talking to, he answered with a, "No," Steve chuckled to himself quietly and asked the same thing to her too.

Natasha answered with a "No,"

The two lonely loners turned to each other, and smiled.

"See the things was, I got stood up by my blind date." Steve explained to her.

Natasha laughed, because she too went through the same rough night as he did. She didn't know what to say but, she kept the conversation going anyways.

Soon enough, the two found themselves in this deep conversation, having so many things in common.

Maybe that night wasn't so bad.

Maybe it wasn't so bad, that their blind dates ditched.

Because finding each other was better.

So much better.

--

a/n: HAPPY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY TO THIS BOOK WOOOO! A YEAR AGO, I WROTE WHAT I THOUGHT THE ENDING OF CIVIL WAR WAS GONNA BE BECAUSE, I WAS SO FLIPPIN EXCITED. I AM SO THANKFUL FOR ALL OF MY READERS. YES, YOU! WITHOUT YOU, I WOULDN'T BE WHERE I AM NOW. ALTHOUGH MY MOTIVATION FOR WRITING ONE-SHOTS HAVE DECREASED, WHENEVER I REALISE THAT MY READERS KEEP VOTING AND ADDING THIS BOOK TO THEIR READING LISTS, I KNOW I HAVE TO KEEP DOING MY BEST! THANK YOU AND I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART ❤️❤️❤️❤️