Chapter 3

The white dragon flew through the sky so fast, that anyone watching would have assumed it was a shooting star. In the hills ahead of the dragon, where he was heading, was a palace of white crystal. He landed, pulling in his wings for a flashy dive. When he stopped, standing on a crystal slab, he didn't move. Just waited. Soon, a human strode out of the crystal palace. Through the door, which was made of opaque crystal. Her white dress shone brilliantly in the moonlight, for it was night-time. She greeted the dragon, who ducked his head before her. Her mouth smiled, but her eyes remained cold. The crystal queen fixed the crystal dragon with a glare.

"Have you located the girl?" she asked, her voice smooth and clear. The dragon looked away.

"Yes" he said, disguising his voice. There was still an edge to it, and the crystal queen was not fooled.

"Although?" she said, hinting for an answer. The dragon took his time replying.

"She is not easy to get to. And" he said, but he seemed unwilling to speak the rest.

"And, Moonglow?" asked the crystal queen, and Moonglow the dragon looked ashamed, or as close to ashamed as a dragon can be.

"I saw Dusk. Watching her from the outskirts. Through his magic marble" said Moonglow, and the last two words he spat with contempt.

"Ah" sighed the crystal queen. "Continue to watch her. I will deal with Dusk - personally" she continued.

"Yes, my queen" said Moonglow. And he took flight again. The crystal queen watched him leave, a smile playing across her face.

"Soon, my dear, you will be mine. The Youth of Light will prevail!" she cried, and her eyes took on a gleam of hatred.

"The end is near."