Chapter 5

A/N: hello derrr :) heres chapter 5, enjoy lovelies :)

Chapter 5

LOUIS POV

Louis walked down the stairs feeling very happy and proud of himself. He had made Harry feel better, Harry had trusted him with something no one else knew, and it was all just wonderful because Harry was gay.

Ok so Louis definitely shouldn't think that was something wonderful.

But he couldn't help the happiness, excitement, and swelling of his heart the second Harry said it.

Harry had decided that he really wanted to rest and think about things, and Louis didn't push him. When he walked downstairs, he saw Eleanor sitting there, waiting for him, looking disappointed. "Why isn't Harry here with you? Did it not work?"

"No, it went great. We talked everything over and it's not bothering him as much anymore. He's good don't worry, he just wanted some time to think."

"Wait...what was bothering him?"

Louis bit his lip. Harry hadn't said that Louis couldn't tell Eleanor...but he had a feeling Harry would want to do it himself. "Um...I don't think I can tell you that." Eleanor's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What? Why?"

"Because I don't think he's ready to tell you yet, he needs some time."

"Why don't YOU just tell me?"

"Because he'd want to tell you himself."

"Who cares? I'm his best friend, I need to know that he's okay!"

"He's fine, trust me El. Don't worry, he'll tell you soon."

"But...why was he ready to tell you and not me?"

"Because you're important to him and he doesn't wanna mess it up."

"But he still told you before me!"

"So?"

"So, I don't understand. He should feel comfortable telling me anything! I should know already, he should've come and talked to me!"

"You know, El, not everyone has to know absolutely everything about others."

"No, Louis he's not just a PERSON, he's my best friend! I'm worried! I can't believe he told you first, that's really annoying."

"Well I already told you not to worry, drop it. He's going to tell you eventually."

"No, I need to know NOW!! I need to make sure he's alright, do you not understand that?!?"

"El I already TOLD you he's alright! Don't be so stubborn!"

"Excuse me?!"

"You're not listening to me at all, trist me, he's fine!"

"I am NOT stubborn!"

"You know what, I don't need this. Not right now."

Louis stomped over to the door and swung it open, but Eleanor's arm held onto his shoulder. "Why are you leaving?!"

"Because you don't listen! You never listen! You're like yelling at me right now for no reason, that's why I'm leaving!" Eleanor opened her mouth to reply, but Louis slammed the door in her face sassily and stormed off. Yes, it was rude; but she was being a control freak. Some people need to learn how to stop and listen.

HARRY POV

Harry heard them arguing from

his bedroom upstairs. They were loud enough for him to hear every word, and he was shocked that Louis defended him and didn't tell El his secret. That meant the world to Harry, and it made him so happy that Louis cared. Wow. He was unbelievable. He felt really guilty though, knowing the fight was his fault and that Eleanor's sadness was because of him. He curled up under his covers, burying his face in the blankets. He just caused so much shit didn't he? All of this had taken place in under two hours. It's amazing how quickly things can change. And with a few last guilty thoughts, Harry drifted off to sleep the afternoon away.

ELEANOR POV

To be completely honest, Eleanor felt like absolute shit. She hadn't listened to Harry when he tried to talk to her the day before, and it could've been about what was bugging him. She had gotten into a fight with Louis because of her stupid jealousy that Harry trusted Louis with whatever he told him before he told her.

She felt like she was such a bad friend. And girlfriend. She shouldn't have gotten so upset, she overrreacted and she knew she needed to apologize to Louis, but she felt like he didn't wanna talk to her at the moment. She sighed, deciding to wait until tomorrow. She dragged herself up the stairs, wanting to check up on Harry and maybe talk to him, if he wanted. Why didn't he tell her? Did he not trust her? Was he mad at her? She took a deep breath and slowly cracked the door open. The sight that she saw made her eyes soften and her lips pull up into a small smile.

Harry was curled up on his side, sleeping peacefully, curls spread. He was breathing slowly, rhythmically. He looked so young...Eleanor began to have flashbacks about going to high school together a few years ago and how much has changed and how old they are now. But Harry still looked little to her. She had always been protective of Harry, though she knew he could handle himself. She just never wanted to see him upset or angry, and when he was, she felt like she hadn't done her job, as his best friend, and that's why it frustrated her. She tiptoed inside, leaning down and running her hands slowly through Harry's curls, then kissing the top of his head, feeling like a mum who was tucking her child in. "I love you Harry. I'm sorry for making you upset if i did," she whispered. Harry stirred a bit, but didn't wake up. She smiled to herself, sadly, and crept out of the room, softy clicking the door shut behind her.