[5] Mana

5 updates wtf I-

5 updates wtf I-

This song slaps so hard.

Reader POV

I woke up very early and grabbed a bite to eat, meeting Langris outside.

"Have you ever been there, Langris?" I asked. "It would be easier because then-"

"I already know. But I haven't been there," he snapped.

I sighed. If that's how he's going to be, then fine.

"Alright..." I looked down at my shoes. Aishubado offered me silent comfort. I rubbed faces with my ice bird. "Thanks, Aishubado."

I noticed from the corner of my eye.

Langris sighed and gave me a sad look before mounting his broomstick. "C'mon," He said in a softer tone.

I mounted my broomstick and we both took off.

The cold air disturbed him, but I was fine.

"So, do you have any idea where the other vice captain is?" I asked him.

Langris nodded. "Unfortunately. He's the vice captain of the Coral Peacocks. Kirsch Vermillion, a royal."

"Oh, that guy with cherry blossom magic?"

"That's the one."

We flew down to the fountain in the center of town and a guy that looked like Mimosa was waiting.

He had a disgusted expression. "Has your squad really stooped so low as to allow a commoner into the squad?"

I glared at him sweetly. "Lord Kirsch, I believe your captain- along with every other captain- had their hand raised when I took the entrance exam."

Langris stiffled a bit of laughter before clearing his throat. "Ladies, let's just get this mission on the way."

Kirsch glared at him. "Excuse me! I am most certainly a man!"

"Then prove it," he said.

"I-"

"Did I stutter?" He said. "I'll thank you not to degrade my subordinate, Kirsch."

The two vice captains looked at me, one with annoyance and the other with a blank face.

Kirsch scoffed. "How rude of you. Fine." He turned to me. "And you! Don't you dare hold us back. I don't know why Lord Julius selected you of all people, but you'd better not dissappoint."

"Trust me," I said. "I'm not going to hold anyone back."

Kirsch was about to speak again when Langris cut in.

"Are we leaving or are we gossiping? Let's go."

But Kirsch being the dramatic idiot he was, he insisted on having us ride his cherry blossom chariot.