Chapter 8

I was sitting in the windowsill of one of the large bay windows that were scattered throughout the castle.  I had been reading a book that I had borrowed from the library, but I got distracted by watching the people outside in the garden.  I saw some of the other girls in the Collection down in the garden sitting around a table and giggling as they were in an animated conversation with Prince Seokjin, Jungkook, and a man that I now recognized as Lord Yoongi.   I had no idea where Ha-na was or Taehyung.  I had been told that I would not be practicing with Jimin today so I was actually pretty bored.  I was scared to break my promise to Jimin about leaving without telling anyone.  I didn't know who to tell...or really I didn't know where I would go.  I wasn't wearing anything extravagant today.  I had on a simple oversized top and dark leggings underneath it.  My shoes were discarded on the floor below me.  

    "Why aren't you outside with the other girls?"  a low voice suddenly asked causing me to nearly fall out of my seat in the window as I whipped around to see who it was.

     "Oh, Prince Namjoon, you startled me." I laughed nervously.  

"Why are you sitting here all by yourself instead of out with the other girls?"  he repeated his question.  

    "Hmm?  Oh, I was not invited.  I assumed that it was an outing for Prince Seokjin.  So I didn't want to intrude."  I replied with a slight shrug.  Namjoon got closer and leaned over me to look out the window at the people below.  

    "Hmm, maybe.  I was not aware that there were going to be any outings today besides Jimin's.  He must have decided to do that spontaneously."  commented Namjoon.  When he said that Jimin was having an outing I felt a pang of pain in my chest.  I felt confused about why I felt that way.  It's not like I like Jimin.  He's just a prince of this castle and my dance partner....That must be why he didn't want to practice today...

    "Lady (y/n)?"  Namjoon said snapping me back to reality. 

"Yes?"  I asked looking him in the eye.  I noticed he was holding the book that I had been reading in his hand.

    "You like to read?"  he asked as he looked at the book in his hand.  I shied away from his gaze.

"Yes, it's a good way to pass time,"  I replied softly.  I was lonely in this castle.  Even though I was surrounded by people, I felt lonelier than ever.  

    "Come, follow me,"  he said turning away from me, still holding the book.  I snapped quickly scrambling out of my seat to get my shoes on.  I quickly followed after him, struggling to keep up with his long-legged strides.  

   "Damn you've got long legs,"  I mumbled under my breath.  

"What was that?"  asked Namjoon as he side-eyed me.

    "Hmm?  Nothing.  I didn't say anything." I quickly covered.  I don't think he believed me, but he let it go.   I thought we were heading towards the library but he took a turn in the opposite direction.  

     "Um...Prince Namjoon....where are we going?"  I asked curiously.  

"Somewhere,"  he replied nonchalantly as he kept walking.  After walking for a little while longer he stopped in front of a door.  I saw him glance to see if anyone was watching us before opening to the door.  Inside the room just looked like a well-furnished study for someone...him maybe?

    "Is this your study?"  I asked him.  He nodded.

"It is.  Here, this way."  he ushered towards the far wall to the right.  He pressed one of the panels in the wall and it sunk in a little before popping back and I creaking noise was made as the whole wall seemed to move.  I watched in awe as the wall moved aside to reveal a whole other room.  I looked at him with wide eyes as he nodded for me to go inside.  I walked in and my eyes about fell out of my head.    It was a secret little library!