"We're trying." Blake laughs.

"Shh!" I shove my elbow into Blake's side.

His hand squeezes my shoulder and he tugs me to his side.

"I'm sorry, I didn't realise it was a big secret."

"Do you think you're pregnant? Is that why you aren't drinking?" Angela just about leaps out of her chair to bounce with happiness.

I stare at my stomach and shrug.

"No, and I'm driving, so can't drink anyway."

"You have to tell me as soon as you know." She grins.

"Shall do!" I nod.

We fall to a silence, and so I push the last few strands of pasta around the plate.

"If we're done with dinner, I'm going home," Jude comments.

"Good idea." Thomas nods.

Jude exits to the granny flat, while Thomas moves to the couch. Blake, Angela and I clear the table and load the mess into the dishwasher.

"I should see Jude, you can stay here, though."

"No, it's okay, I'll come with." I tug on a smile.

Even though I dislike going into that place, I don't want to spend the next thirty minutes questioned about babies we don't have.

"Thank you for the delicious dinner." Blake grins.

"Do you want leftovers?"

"No, but thanks."

"Take them anyway."

Angela removes a container from the fridge and passes them to me. Blake shakes his head but laughs. If we don't accept the food, I assume she'll turn up and cook something, which I'm okay with.

We hug her goodbye and slip outside.

As we cross the grass, my stomach knots but I push forward and enter the granny flat. Even though the styling is the same, there's crap everywhere, and so it almost looks completely different. I like the mess, it keeps my mind active.

"Hey." Blake nods.

"Sorry about the mess! I've been meaning to clean up a little, but I've been, welp, I've been lazy."

"It's fine." He shrugs.

Jude jumps up and grabs a beer can from the fridge. He tosses it over the kitchen bench and Blake just catches it before it can tumble to the ground.

"I'm sorry about earlier, I didn't mean anything about you. I should have kept my mouth shut."

"It hurt because it's true." He sighs. "You don't have to apologise."

"London and the wedding are important, so don't feel bad."

"Thanks."

Jude shoves his hand into his pocket and fishes out his phone. He scrolls through the message notifications on the screen and rolls his eyes.

"I don't know what happened to Tori, but she's losing it! I easily get twenty to thirty message from her which range from wanting to get back together, to being the worst person in the world. I can't wait for you to get custody over London."

"What the heck?" I frown. "I can believe that, which I hate to admit."

"Can I see these?"

Jude hands his phone to Blake, the plops onto the couch. Blake scrolls through the messages and shakes his head.

"I wish the court would work through this faster. They need to know about these messages, maybe it'll speed things up if they realise she's uh, not a good influence to Lo."

"Yeah, I bet they could help us."

"Sure! I'll do anything to help you guys too."

"Thanks." I smile.

Blake hands the phone back, then tugs me over to the couch. He wraps his arm around my shoulder and I lean against his chest.

"So, where should I go when I get to France?"

"I can write you a list." Blake smiles. "We went to a couple of small cafes which were, hm, you'll find out once you get there."

"Come on, you have to tell me more than that!"

"Fine, but I'm keeping some a surprise." Blake chuckles.

"Okay." Jude sighs.

Blake tells Jude about the art cafe we went to which has Jude intrigued.

We stay for two drinks, and then I'm finally about to drag Blake out the door.

He leans on my shoulder and smiles.

"I love our place and that we live alone, well, not for too long."

"Let's get you home." I laugh.

His warm arms circle around my body and I sigh with content.