six ~ i can really feel it, in here

I had been thinking for the past few hours about what had happened with Calum. True, it was now, 2:31 in the morning and he was running through my mind. Was I a little harsh? I don't know, this has never happened to me before. I'm new to this. How do you even know if you like someone? Do you get like a fuzzy belly when you're near them and shit? Does your heart flutter? Do you fall deep into their big, brown eyes and cute, chipmunk cheeks and - Alexa what are you doing? You do not like Calum and he does not like you. It just wouldn't work between you two, you're from two very different worlds. Don't be fooled by his good looks and charm.

Okay so I guess I was a little harsh but Calum was being a little delusional. How could he possibly feel a connection between us? I'm Art Girl.

✎✎✎✎✎✎

My footsteps were silent as I was pushed through the school halls. Teachers, students, other people who I don't know walking through the halls trying to get to where they want to go. I was just heading for outside. Outside where I would eat alone. Alone. That's a harsh word, but it sums up my life. 

My body twisted as I was pushed hard agaisnt a few lockers and into the girls bathroom. A tanned hand covered my mouth as I tried to scream and my eyes were huge as I looked up at the tall figure. Calum. He quickly let go, allowing my body to calm down and my heart to stop racing. I stared up at him, holding my heart, "What the actual fuck Calum?!"

"I needed to get you alone." He mumbled, locking the bathroom door.

"We live right next to each other, you couldn't have waited until we got home?"

"No I need to speak to you now." 

"Okay, what is it?" I asked, leaning on a tile wall.

He blushed for a moment, running a hand through his hair, "I feel the connection."

I let out a groan, "There isn't any connection Calum."

"There is! I can really feel it, in here!" He shouted, pointing to his heart.

I wanted to melt in that moment. I wanted to be his. I wanted to hug him and kiss him and call him mine. But I can't live in a fantasy world. He has a girlfriend. He has friends. He has a social life and a rep. 

"Calum, I..I.." I stuttered, trying to find words.

His body moved closer, his hands now on both of my cheeks, our lips attached. So this is what a kiss felt like. A real kiss, with a real boy. My hands circled around his waist as he pulled me closer, leaving one hand on my cheek and one now on my back. I pulled away quickly, looking into his eyes, "Calum, we can't do this."

"Why not?" He mumbled.

"You have a girlfriend and a rep. I don't wanna ruin that." 

"You won't. I know you won't."

I shook my head, caressing his cheek with my hand, "Calum, I ruin everything."