four ~ your face and surroundings

I stared at myself in the mirror, trying to see whether my outfit matched my shoes and whether my hair was right and shit like that. I hadn't been in school for the past 2 days and I guess I really needed to go in now. I huffed as I headed out of the door and towards the bus stop.

"Alexa! Wait up!" It was Calum "We need to talk."

"Your next picture can be like tomorrow if you're free, I have to find out what we have to do though..." I mumbled, playing with my hair.

"That's not what I wanted to talk about but yeah, fine, whatever I'm free." 

My heart raced, I hope he didn't want to talk about everything that happened with what I said the other day. But I knew it was.

"What did you say to Jordie after she said those things?" Calum asked, furrowing his eyebrows at me.

"Nothing. I just went away, left class." I whispered, keeping my eyes on the road, waiting for the bus.

"You didn't even stand up to her?"

"Why would I do that Calum? I'm a fucking loner. I'm Art Girl. If I shouted at Jordie she'd get her friends to beat me up."

"Beat you up? Beat you-" Calum stopped "She's made them hurt you before hasn't she?"

I stared at him for a moment, I wasn't going to just open up about everything. It's not as if he cared and I didn't want them to break up because of me.

"Tell me Alexa!" Calum half shouted, hitting his hand on the bus stop sign. 

I stepped away from him, I didn't realise he wanted to know so much, "Calum stop."

The bus arrived and I had never been so thankful. Of course Calum headed to the back, where his beef mates were, and I sat at the front. Where myself was. The tree's moved fast around and the snide remarks from the footballers at the back made me want to be sick. 

"Guys, leave her alone." Calum mumbled.

"Why are you standing up for her?" One of his friends asked.

"I just think she deserves a break from all the mean things." 

"Does Calum have a crush on Art Girl?" Another boy said.

"I have Jordie." Calum spoke.

I stared down at my lap. I was so close to tears. Why the fuck did they hate me so much?

"I just think she deserves a break okay?" 

His football buddies tutted as the bus came to a stop, waiting outside of hell.

  ✎✎✎✎✎✎

"Right so what's this week all about?" Calum grinned, sitting on his bed.

"I just need your face and surroundings. Just show me what you love the most and we'll take some photos with them and stuff." I nodded.

Calum was quick to gather up some things that he liked, most of them revolving around football and music. 

"This is a band I like, they are called Greenday." He smiled, holding beside his head as I took a shot "And this is a football trophy I got when I was 7."

This carried on for about 5 minutes, I was enjoying his company. I needed a little. His door opened and a pissed looking Jordie walked through.

"What the fuck Calum?! Why are you talking to this piece of shit?!" She shouted.

"Jordie! What the hell?!" Calum shouted back, throwing his belongings on the bed where I was sat in shock.

"Why are you even letting yourself hang with her?" She asked.

"I'm helping her with a project." 

"I'm gonna go..." I mumbled, standing up.

"No, you need to finish this week's thingy." Calum spoke.

Jordie looked from myself to Calum quickly, "Do you like her?"

"What? No. Jordie I like you." Calum spoke.

"Good because I love you Calum." She smiled, bringing him in for an embrace.

I walked away from them. From their embrace. Jordie smirked as I shut the door, leaving them to be alone. Leaving them to be happy.