five ~ you're just a project, not a lover

"So, how are the ART projects going honey?" My mum smiled, looking over at me from the other side of the dining table.

"Fine." I smile back.

"I think we should talk about, the people Alexa. I think we should talk to the headmaster about it." 

"Mum, I can handle them. I'm okay. Honestly." 

Mum shook her head, she didn't want to argue. I knew that. I didn't want to argue either but I also didn't want to be that kid who is bullied and runs to other people for help, I don't want to be like that. The doorbell rung as I was about to leave the table, "I'll get it mum."

"Calum? What do you want? We have the photo's for this week...." I murmured, leaning on the door frame.

"I just want to speak about what happened yesterday with Jordie. I didn't want her to be there but she is my girlfriend and I saw how awkward it made you feel. I just wanna say, I know you like me so it-"

"Like you?! You think I like you?" I laughed.

"Well...I just thought..." Calum spoke.

"Calum, just because I chose you for my project doesn't mean I fancy you. I spend my whole high school life running from people like you and your clique. I do not like you." I was about to shut the door when Calum stopped me.

"So, you're telling me, you don't feel any connection between us?" Calum asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Well. No, not really." I mumbled.

"You're lying. You know that there is a connection between us because I can feel it!" He shouted.

"...What?" I asked, looking up into his eyes.

He stood there for a moment, taking in what he just said. He just blurted out that we had a connection. But I was just a pity like. He didn't like me, like me. I was Art Girl and he obviously only liked me because he felt sorry for me because his bitch of a girlfriend puts me through hell.

"Did you just say you felt a connection between us?" I asked, standing up properly.

"Umm...I...maybe." He stuttered, backing away.

"I'm not a pity like Calum." 

"What?"

"You only feel a connection because you feel sorry for me."

"No, I actually feel a connection."

"You're just a project, not a lover."

And with that, I shut the door, leaving a shocked and bewildered Calum at my doorstep.

 ✎✎✎

hopefully this has opened the story up a bit more.

calum is gonna be wondering why she doesn't like him back and thinking about his relationship and friends and all of the social kind of things.

alexa is gonna be thinking about what she said and she is gonna progress in her feelings, seeing how she really feels. she's never experienced this guys so don't be mad at her.

stay rad

millie