three ~ your first picture

I walked through the halls, my head down and my books tucked into my chest. I was a little self-concious in the halls, due to the name calling and stuff. I needed to find Calum, tell him what time I would be over. I didn't want to walk in on him with his girlfriend or anything. Calum's girlfriend was a bitch. 

My eyes travelled ever so much across the hall to Calum's locker where he stood alone. I let out a breath, thank God he was alone. I sped up, walking towards him and looking up at his tall figure. He stared down at me, his emotions unclear.

"Calum, I would like to take your first picture today and 5, is that okay?" I whispered.

He nodded, pushing me a little away. I know he didn't want to be seen talking to me, but he could have at least been a little kinder. Then again, I guess he was being kind by being my candidate so I shouldn't be too ungrateful. 

I shook as I sat down in my chair at the back of the class. I hated this class, Maths. No one liked me here, not even the teacher and the person I sat next to, was of course Calum's girlfriend.

"Oh, hey Art Girl." She smirked, sitting down.

I usually ignored her, "I saw you talking to Calum." 

I looked up at her. She was really beautiful. She had long black hair, she was tall, she had a tiny waist. She was perfect. If we didn't have to wear uniforms in this school I'm pretty sure she would come in a bikini everyday.

"Don't talk to Calum. He doesn't like you. No one does. You're just a little, puny bitch who can draw a little. It's not as if you're gonna become some famous artist like Van Davinci." Van Davinci? "You're gonna end up nowhere. Not even the teachers like you."

I had to admit, her words hurt. They hurt more than anyone else's words ever did. But she was right, no one liked me. I was pretty worthless to be honest.

"Not to mention you're ugly. You smell of I don't even know what. No one bloody likes you, espicially Calum. Calum is mine, okay? Calum only ever talks shit about you. He thinks you're annoying. He thinks you're stupid. He's only helping you out because it'll give him some good credit." She hissed, sitting down next to me.

My eyes glistened with tears. Her words were fucking killing me. It's like she was stabbing me in the heart. I knew Calum didn't care, of course I knew that. I just hated what she was saying. She was rude and mean and just a bitch.

"You need to get your facts straight Art Girl. No one wants you here. You're not needed. Back off of Calum and go away. Go away to somewhere new, somewhere far away." She smirked "You could even kill yourself and no one would care." 

I stood up, sick of her words. I was sick of this school. I was sick of all the shit that happens in my life, I don't deserve this. I have never done anything wrong. Why do people hate me? 

I rushed outside into the halls, the teacher calling me back. My eyes were red and puffy and the tears tasted salty and stained my cheeks. The halls were empty, I was running. I didn't know where I was running too, but I was running.

 ✎✎✎✎✎✎

"Alexa! Calum is here to see you!" My mum called up.

I was currently laying on my bed, thinking about what had happened earlier that day in my head. I shook myself, taking a tissue and heading downstairs to see what Calum wanted. I stood at the door, trying to smile a little.

"Where did you go today? I didn't see you in any of my classes.." Calum asked, playing with the door handle.

"I um headed home. I felt really ill." I said, wiping my nose.

He nodded, "Well, it's like, 6. You said you would knock at my door at 5 and take my photo?"

I smiled at him, "Sure, let me get my camera and I'll take a few photos."

I headed upstairs to my camera, wiping my face and heading back downstairs. Calum was sitting on my doorstep, picking grass. He jumped a little when I touched his shoulder, I obviously scared him a little. 

"Right so all I need you to do is smile. Or just do a pose or something." 

Calum, being the total twat he is, of course took stupid photos. I laughed a little, he was funny. 

"Calum, come on. One serious photo is all I need." I laughed.

He smiled at the camera and I took his 'serious' photo. 

"Why did you feel ill?" Calum asked, once I had put the camera down.

"Oh...just, the whole Art Girl thing kinda got to me." I lied.

"It was Jordie wasn't it? She told me she confronted you. What did she say?" 

"No, it's fine. It doesn't matter." 

"Yes it fucking does Alexa. Tell me what she said."

I was a little taken aback from his sudden outburst. He never seemed this angry. I nodded and sat down on the grass, him following behind me, "She said I was worthless and that everyone thinks I'm annoying and...and...that no one would care if I killed myself."

Calum's face turned pale. His mouth was a little open and he was staring at me intently.

"I'm gonna head inside, I'll tell you how everything goes in class. Thanks for doing this again.." I mumbled, standing up and heading inside, leaving Calum sitting there in shock.

✎✎✎

soooooooooooo yeah, people hate alexa but calum didnt realise how much people hated her.

thanks for reading!

millie