Chapter 12: The White Violin

Comenzar desde el principio

She moved her head over looking into thin air, but for Ben, she was looking right at him.

"Ben?"  Esme asked in almost in a whisper. 

Ben smiled and let out a small laugh.

"Yes."  He nodded, he knew she couldn't see him, but this was all he needed.

Esme moved away when Luther and Allison came to the scene. Ben smiling as he watched her leave.

"Vanya killed him."  Luther spoke up.

"She wouldn't."  Esme looked to Luther.

"He did. I saw it."  He looked to the small girl as she wrapped her arms around herself, trying to find some comfort. 

"Guys!"  Everyone turned to the source of the noise, Five.

"The apocalypse it's still on."  Five held up a newspaper and Esme groaned a bit.

"I thought we fixed it."  She turned her head slightly to him.

"So did I.  I was wrong."  He started.

Esme walked a couple feet away from everyone, looking out into the street as the siblings began to talk amongst themselves.

"I should've stayed in Purgatory."  She mumbled to herself.

"You wouldn't of lasted."  A voice spoke a couple feet away from her.

Esme turned her head to the figure than her eyes shifted to the ground.

"Hello, Meg." Esme greeted, no emotion in her voice.

"If Iyla wasn't there you wouldn't of lasted the first night." Meg stepped closer to her.

"Because of me, Iyla is dead." Esme said, looking back to Meg.

"A thousand year old Daro."  Meg stuffed her hands into her leather jacket, standing beside Esme.  The two looking out into the street.

"He's a trickster.  They trick everyone."

The sound of a helicopter filled Esme's ears as a light shined down on them, the wind blowing through her white hair, she looked to where Meg was and saw she was gone.

"Esme. Let's go."  Klaus grabbed her arm softly as he began to pull her, the two hurrying away from the academy.

"Where are we going?"  She questioned.

"Super Star."

~~~

Esme sat in a seat as her elbows were propped on her legs, her head resting on her hands as she watched the kids bowl.

"I want that cake."  She said, as she looked at the white frosted cake.

"Esme. Stop thinking about cake. This is serious."  Luther told her as she let out a small growl.  Yes. A growl.

"Look, I hate to say this but everyone needs to prepare."  Luther looked to them.

"For what?"  Diego questioned.

"To do whatever it takes to stop Vanya."

After Luther said that Allison slapped him with her notepad making Esme grin.

"We may not have a choice, Allison."

"Bullshit." Diego stated.

"There's always options." Esme spoke up and Luther turned his head to her.

"Like what?"

"I don't know." She hummed, looking at the ceiling, not wanting to be apart of the conversation anymore.