Chapter 12: The White Violin

Start from the beginning

This time. Little innocent, sweet Esme did something that she never did before.  Instead of always putting her siblings first, making sure they were alright.  She put herself first.  She decided to say what she actually wanted to say.

"Fuck you."

Esme's words made Vanya look at her a bit shocked.

"You don't know how many times I wished to be like you.  The pain that all of us went through on each mission."  She stepped closer to Vanya.

"We all watched Ben die.  We got tattoos at a young age that hurt like hell, and I've suffered with my ability my whole life!"  She shouted.

"The things that our 'father' did to me was pure torture!  And to top it all off my best friend sacrificed himself for me so I could get out of Purgatory and come back home. Two fucking years in that place!" She breathed out heavily as she finally stopped ranting. The two sisters looking in each other's eyes.

"Just because you weren't special then..." Esme started as the ceiling started to break apart once again.

"Doesn't mean you can throw this giant tantrum, because dad didn't love you!" He didn't love any of us so grow the fu-" Esme didn't have to finish as Vanya let out a cry and shoved Esme all the way across the hall, letting her tumble down the stairs.

Esme let out a groan and rolled on her side when she made it to the ground.

"I hate stairs."  She hissed.

Esme day in her knees and pushed off of the floor until a pair of arms helped her up.

"Are you alright?"  Klaus asked as he looked her over.

"I'm fine. Just pissed Vanya off."  She told him.

"We have to get out of here. This whole place is going to collapse!"  Diego shouted over the noise.

The three siblings quickly made their way out of the academy.  The three looked up at the building and saw Grace in the window.

"Mom!"  Diego and Esme shouted.

"Mom get out of there!"  Diego shouted as Grace kissed her hand and waved to them with a sad smile.

"No!  Mom!  I'm going after her!"  Diego yelled and went to run back inside but both Klaus and Esme grabbed onto him.

"Diego you can't."  Klaus told him as the building collapsed making the siblings back up, covering themselves.

When the noise finally settled down they looked at the ruble.

"I never thought I would say this, but I miss that damn academy already." Esme spoke up as she stepped over the ruble.

"Mom!  Mom!"  Diego shouted as he began to move some of the ruble away.

Esme turned to her brother sadly, she loved Mom, but she knew she was gone.

"Klaus, Esme, help me search."  Diego turned to the two siblings.

"No. Just stop. Stop it."  Klaus went over to him, trying to pull him away.

"Let me go. What are you doing?"  Diego shouted as Klaus pulled him to his feet.

"She's gone. She's gone."  Klaus told him softly as Esme looked at her brothers a couple feet away.

Ben, who was beside her looked to his brothers than to Esme.  He gave his sister a sad smile as he grabbed her hand, surprising Ben, his hand didn't go through her.

Esme let out a small gasp as she felt someone grab her hand, her eyes looked to the ground as she felt something familiar about the sudden grip in her hand.