Chapter 15 - What Color Do You Bleed?

Start from the beginning

"I told you not to-" Raven didn't get a chance to finish before a long tentacle like arm flew from Nick's left and slammed into the other demon sending him flying into the surrounding shacks.

Nick fell to the ground gasping for air as he turned to see Carny bringing his hand back from where Raven had disappeared. Carny, not Cole, he could tell by the brightness in those wild orange eyes of his as well as the wicked smile that he wore as he peered down at Nick and the injured Leon on the ground. Nick not knowing what Carny might do reached for the blow torch and held it out with the flame pointed at the psychotic demon. Carny saw the little flame and let out a laugh so oddly disturbing that Nick could only describe it as the laugh of a maniac.

"Dumb-dumb!" Carny said getting in Nick's face and holding the torch away from him. "I'm not going to hurt you! Why would I hurt you when He told me not to? So strange you are, yes, so very strange for someone so- sma-art. I'll handle the piggy; you make sure he stays alive. If he dies then make no mistake, I will bathe in your blood and wear your face like a mask. I'll use your hide like a rug. I'll do things to you that will make you wish that I'd just killed you, do you understand me Brain?"

Gazing into those wild and deranged eyes, it was all that Nick could do to nod his head in agreement to what this psycho had just said to him. "Excellent!" Carny said turning around just as Raven was emerging from the broken wall with his sword in hand. Carny flexed his hands before they grew to their disproportionate size and the long silver claws emerged from what were supposed to be his palms. "Now than, 'Raven.' I have a question for you."

"What could I psychopath have to ask me that would mean anything?" Raven asked holding his sword with both hands that only made Carny smile. "Ask it if you must."

"Don't mind if I do." Carny said slowly walking toward Raven with his giant hands swinging limply as he moved away from Leon and Brain. Raven started walking to the side as well keeping pace with Carny and matching him step for step. "Did you know that no one's blood is the same color? Of course scientists will probably say that it is but what do they know? Have they ever been around so much blood that they could see, that they could notice all the tiny differences in the blood?"

"You're a fool if you think that's true." Raven said coldly still gripping his sword as tightly as possible. "Maybe there's a difference between humans and demons, but there's no separate shades. I've seen enough of it to know there's nothing special about it, blood is blood."

"Ah but that's where you're wrong Raven. Or, should I call you Roy?" Raven's grip on the sword visible tightened when Carny said that which only made him smile even more. "You and you're little police commissioner father; living in such a cute little house you'd never think that you were a demon."

"Mention him again and I swear I'll end you right now."

"I wonder what he'd say if I sent him your head in a jar filled with all your blood." Carny pressed with the Leon and Nick now being at a distance where they wouldn't be getting dragged into this. He continued talking with his voice getting louder and more sadistic as he went on. "You think he'd cry? Think he'd mourn for the boy he thinks is human?! I'd like to find out, so let's get this started Raven! I want to see what color you bleed! SHOW IT ME NOW!!!"

Raven let out a loud yell as he ran at Carny who snarled and ran to meet him with his claws extended. Carny brought back his arm and brought it down just before they were about to reach each other only to have Raven vanish in a flash of light and his claw buried in the soft soil. There was a whish-ing sound and suddenly Carny felt an explosion of pain rake its way down his back. He yowled in pain before twisting around ripping his claw from the ground and kicking up large amounts of dirt as he brought his large hand down only to rip through even more soil. This time though Carny kept going thinking that Raven would attack from behind and he was right, the masked demon appeared just as Carny's massive claw came up so he blocked it with his sword.