"O-Oh!" Midoriya jumped slightly. "J-Just a note from Kacchan. I-I... I haven't opened it yet..."

"Well, go ahead. It won't read itself." Harper said. Izuku looked startled, while she raised her brows. She'd heard Bakugo's thoughts before, and had a feeling he'd written some of the more tender ones on the page, if he hadn't fucked up again, that is. "If it's anything bad, we can let someone know, or you can just ignore it. If you want, one of us can open it for you."

Izuku looked like he might cry. Harper hoped not. "My friends are so nice. I've never had friends like this before. W-Would Harper really read it for me. That's so nice of her. She acts so irritated and tired all the time, but she's actually really nice..." Izuku's thoughts trailed, and Harper made a real effort not to grimace. "Y-You're right. Would... Would you..."

Harper silently held out her hand. Sheepishly and in a flushed way, Izuku handed it over. Uraraka immediately leaned forward, and Iida silently nudged his untouched drink towards her. His nerves were on the fritz. The brunette wasn't a huge fan of mango, but saying no might send him into a mental panic full of depressive thoughts. Instead, she popped the tab with one hand and took it bottoms up. She wasn't a wuss. With the other hand, she flipped open the note. 

And then promptly turned her head to the side just as her drink sprayed from her mouth. Izuku jumped as she coughed, and Iida looked panicked. 

"What is it? What does it say?" Uraraka asked worriedly. "Wow, that was a really bad reaction! It must be super mean! Is Bakugo threatening Deku again? Maybe I should go get Mr. Aizawa. I wonder what would happen if I did."

"Are you quite alright?!" Iida asked as Harper straightened herself, trying to regain any semblance of dignity. Silently, she cleared her throat and handed him the note. Two birds with one stone. She established trust with Iida and got the share what Bakugo seemed to think was a 'good idea.' Iida took it carefully, eyeing her. "She... She wants me to read it as well? Perhaps she trusts me? No, it's just because I'm sitting next to her. It's not because- holy shit?"

Iida tensed, and Harper snorted at his inner thoughts as he peered down at the paper. Izuku and Ochako both shared an uneasy glance as Iida turned to Harper with a slightly panicked and ultimately confused look in his eyes. Harper flicked her head in Bakugo's direction subtly, raising her brows before nodding at the paper. Iida hesitated, glancing uneasily at Midoriya and forcing a smile. Izuku felt his skin crawl.

Really, what had Harper been expecting? For him to do a good job? Honestly, she hadn't expected an in-between. In her mind, the note was either going to come out an apology chock full of feelings and teenage angst, or he'd fuck up again and challenge the guy to a fight or something. Maybe threaten to kill him. But no, of course not. It was neither of those. Instead, Bakugo had managed to successfully convey his true feelings with a threat. Well, maybe it wasn't a threat. It sounded like one.

"Is... Is everything alright?" The green haired boy asked. "Oh my god, what did he say?! Even Iida has gone quiet! He looks so taken aback. Harper spit out her soda in surprise. What's going on?"

Harper silently took the note from a tense Iida and handed it over. Ochako leaned closer to get a look. Izuku's entire body locked up immediately as he rested his eyes upon it, and Harper let out a heavy sigh. This was why she didn't help! Shit like this always happened! God damn, Bakugo was a dolt. Ah, there goes Izuku. He was turning red. Harper glanced at Iida. He glanced back. He was too concerned to be depressed. A step in the right direction, maybe?

"Wh-What?!" Ochako shrieked, her reaction severely delayed but there nonetheless. The note only had two words on it.

Marry me.