11. Dad?

Meliodas walked in front of you, his hands behind his head as usual. You had been silent for the whole walk. Every time you had eye contact with him and as soon as he turned away you blushed. You kept thinking what happened last night, but the curse breathed on your neck every time blocking the thoughts. Your suspicions grew as you wanted to find out why'd he do all these things to you. At least you knew he was still the same old Meliodas as unpredictable as he was back then. You accidentally chuckled a bit.

He turned around, "what's so funny?" He asked with a smile on his face.

"Just nothing." You grinned, "shortie."

"Ai you're not that tall!" He tried.

"Suit yourself." I laughed back joyfully.

He looked at your smile and admitted his loss, he enjoyed seeing you happy.

You came across a village. It surprised you since you expected you'd want to be far away from villages as possible.

"If you need something better get it we'll leave in fifteen so these people won't be in any danger." He noticed your concern.

"Yeah right, why we came here in the first place?" You asked still confused as you reached the first houses.

"There's something I need to get."

"Of course there is, I'll wait on the other end!" You shouted as he was already almost gone into the crowd.

Why couldn't we just rode here, that walking was exhausting... Plus what could he possibly want that he doesn't already have? Well, talk about unpredictable.

You decided to head the other end of the village immediately, there wasn't anything you needed this badly as he seemed to.

-

It felt like hours as you waited for him to come, you got irritated. And as I thought we were gonna kick Gloxinia's ass... You turn to face the entrance to the village and accidentally bump into a little girl.

"So- sorry." You stutter.

"Sorry pretty lady, would you play with me?" She responded with gleaming eyes handing out a red ball in her hands.

"I- I-", you start nervously, "sure." you finish with a gentler tone and pick up the ball from her hands.

Beside the entrance, there was a lovely green field which was calling you two to play. The little girl had her brown hair on two messy braids and on her was a poor-looking dress, which was clearly on all-time use. You passed the ball on her.

"What's your name?" You started.

"Lisanna." She responded and kicked the ball back to you.

"Nice to meet you Lisanna, I'm Y/N." Lisanna smiled back to you.

"So why are you here alone?" You asked and did the same.

"Waiting for my father!" She cheery responded and threw the ball at you.

"Oh, where did he go?" You kept the convo going.

"To save our village."

"From what?" You got curious and placed the ball on your side.

"The two monsters one was super big and the other one had wings."

The red ball dropped from your hand it bounced in front of the girl and as she bends to pick it up you were gone.

-

You ran the streets to find Meliodas you both had to go now. You came across to a tiny boutique which seemed to sell souvenirs for the travelers, you looked inside from the shop window and saw a familiar tiny blond on the counter flirting with the shopkeeper. Unbelievable. You stormed to the door and slammed it open. Without saying a word you grabbed from his jacket and started dragging him from his back. The cash lady looked at you confused then he looked at Meliodas with a bit angrier presence. You let go of him as soon as you reached outside.