Chapter One: Move-In

Start from the beginning

             The car ride goes by faster due to the music. It keeps Harry's car-related anxiety at bay when driving. It made four hours feel like two, but he didn't speed. He hated the mere idea of speeding. It terrified him. He pulled into the check-in line for Gryffindor Hall at exactly 2:45 PM. He watched as a young woman walked from car to car, asking quick questions. It seemed like forever until she reached Harry.

             "Name please?" She asked sweetly, her eyes scanning Harry's car. He gave her his name. "Do you know what room number your in or who your roommate is?" She smiled.

             "I believe I'm in room 721 and my roommate is Ronald Weasley." Harry smiled, watching as she scanned her clipboard.

             "Mister Weasley has already checked in, so park your vehicle and approach the front desk of the building. There you will receive your room key and mail key. Keep them on you at all times, Gryffindor Hall is kinda old so the dorms lock behind you. Make sure you have your student ID on you at all times as well, it gets you into your building after 7:30 PM. My name is Lavender Brown. If you have any questions, let me know. Alrighty?" Harry nodded. "Good! You're good to go." She smiled, directing him towards where he should park.

               After getting his room key, Harry grabbed one of the spare laundry carts and brought it out to the car in order to, hopefully, get all of his things in one trip. "Harry!" He heard his name being yelled from somewhere nearby. Turning around, he watched as Hermione waved her hand out of her dads truck. He politely waved back before finishing putting his things into the cart and starting towards his room. The elevator was naturally packed for it being freshman move-in, so Harry squished himself up against the wall.

               The doors opened on the seventh floor and Harry took a deep breath. It's time, he thought as he exited the elevator with the laundry cart in tow. He followed the signs until ending up in front of room 721, which was already open. Ron had propped the door open so he could meet people while he waited for Harry.

             "Harry!" Ron grinned, leaping off his bed and enveloping Harry in a hug. "Need help putting your stuff away?" He offered. Harry shook his head, smiling softly. "Okay, I'll give you the room for a bit. 'Mione's downstairs checking in, I promised I'd help her move in."

             "I saw her in line. Go ahead, I could use a few minutes to myself anyway." Harry smiled. Ron nodded and grabbed his keys from his dresser. "See you later, Ron." As Ron passed by him and made his way down the hall, Harry turned towards the dorm and got to work. He grabbed his storage bins one by one out of the laundry cart so he could bring it down quicker in case someone else needed it. 

             Once he got back to the room, he put his things away neatly. He already knew that Ron would be spending most of his time in Hermione's room, so he understood why Ron didn't have much stuff. Dorm 721 was in the C Wing of the 7th floor, which is a boys-only wing. Harry would have preferred a coed wing, but he wasn't going to be the one to complain.

              After putting his things away, he shut the door to the dorm and laid down in bed. "I'm home, guys." He whispered to the ceiling, placing a hand over his heart. He could already feel a single tear make it's way down his cheek as he closed his eyes.

               He must have fallen asleep because he startled awake to the sound of someone knocking on the door.  Checking his phone, he realized it was already 6:55. Shit, the floor meeting. He scrambled to his feet and over to the door. As he opened the door, no one could have anticipated the rush that came over him.

               "Are you coming to the floor meeting?" The angel in front of him spoke. He was pale, but not sickly-so. He was gorgeous, and this threw Harry off more than anything. He nodded silently, making sure to grab his keys before following the beautiful man in front of him. "I'm Malfoy, by the way. Draco Malfoy. I'm your RA." Harry could practically hear the smile coming from the pale blond. His heart ached. "You're Harry, right? Harry Potter?" Harry nodded, forgetting for a moment that Draco couldn't see him. He mumbled a quick 'yeah' and they continued to walk in silence.

              The floor meeting was a blur to Harry. He spent the whole time staring at Draco's lips as he spoke. He was intoxicated by the blond and they had only known each other for a whole two seconds. So, naturally, after the meeting, Ron turned to Harry.

                "You okay, Potter? You look a little gone." Ron smiled with concern. Harry startled, nodding quickly. "Okay? Are you going to any of the events tonight?"

                 "Probably not. I have orientation at work tomorrow, so I think I'm just gonna watch some Netflix or something tonight. Are you?" 

                "Yeah. Hermione says she wants me to go with her, so if I don't spend the night at her's I'll be back late." Ron muttered, rubbing the back of his neck.

                "It's fine, Ron. I don't care if you're back late. You and I both know you'll be staying at 'Mione's anyway." He laughed. Ron nodded, smiling. Harry dismissed him before walking back to the dorm, a vision of beautiful grey eyes still in his mind.