Pluck Up the Courage

PLUCK UP THE COURAGE

During breakfast at the Great Hall, Caleb's eyes trail down the tables and land on Cho Chang, a ravenclaw girl with ebony colored hair and olive colored skin

During breakfast at the Great Hall, Caleb's eyes trail down the tables and land on Cho Chang, a ravenclaw girl with ebony colored hair and olive colored skin. When she looks back, she sends him a smile and he spills his drink from his mouth. The girls giggle and turn around.

He turns back to see a fuming Millie approaching the table, "Look at this!" She slams the newspaper down in front of him, "I can't believe it, she's done it again. 'Miss Brown, a plain but ambitious girl seems to be developing a taste for famous wizards. Her latest prey sources report is none other than the Bulgarian bon-bon Viktor Krum. No word yet on how Caleb Mclaughlin's taking this latest emotional blow.' Merlin, I really hate Rita Skeeter!"

Noah pursed his lips and grabed the paper when a young boy walks up holding a package. "Parcel for you Mr Schnapp."

Noah looks over at the boy, "Thank you Nigel." He grabs the box when he realizes how Nigel is gazing at Caleb. "Not now Nigel. Later. Go on."

When Nigel leaves, Millie glares at Noah, "What was that?"

Noah shrugs, "I told him I'd get him Caleb's autograph." He opens the box, "Oh look mum's sent me something." He stands up and pulls out the wrinkly robe from it, "Mum sent me a dress?"

Caleb chuckles, putting down his drink and began rumbling through the package, "Well it does match your eyes. Is there a bonnet?"

Noah ignores the laughs from the rest of the Great Hall before walking over to his sister, "Sadie, these must be for you."

Sadie looks up from her food and grimaces, "I'm not wearing that, it's ghastly."

Millie begins to crack up and Noah scowls at her, "What are you on about?"

Millie smiles, "They're not for Sadie, they're for you! They're dress robes."

"Dress robes? for what?"

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard tournament since its inception. On Christmas eve night, we and our guests gather in the great hall for a well mannered frivolity. As representitives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot
forward, and I mean this literally because the yule ball is first and foremost... a dance." McGonagall explains.

Groans emerge from the boys who are listening on and the girls seem a lot more excited. "Silence. I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching our school by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons."

Jonathan smirks and leans over to whisper to his twin, "Try saying that five times faster."

McGonagall continues, "Now to dance is to let the body breathe, inside every girl a secret
swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight."