Chapter 10

Mu Rulin studied with Mu Rulan inside her room until half past ten; then, he was kicked out to sleep. She rubbed his hair, telling him that a child like him should sleep early and wake early to have a healthy life. You already have a sister that teaches you everything so don't you think it's impossible to not getting passing grades for your subjects?

Mu Rulin carried his books and left Mu Rulan's room. When he got up at 2 in the middle of the night to grab a drink, he noticed his sister's room was still lit. He silently opened up the door a crack, and saw his sister was holding a pen and paper while reading a book. she was seriously studying so late into the night. Suddenly, he felt his heart aching and felt his eyes tear up.

This is not the first time, every time he saw Mu Rulan's slim back slightly curved over the table, that look of her focused on solving questions late into the night tore at his heart.

The genius that people have always talked about, in his eyes, was just a lovely sister who tugged at his heartstrings. All of her achievements were the result of her hard work, in exchange for a lot of hardships. How could those people use her again and again as a bet to see whether she would be surpassed by someone else?!

Those annoying bastards!

Pu haha...... Translated by The Novelst

Did her cute little brother cry again?

With her back against the door, she looked at his reflection on the window. Mu Rulan lowered her head and laughed softly, no matter how she laughed, her smile was still as warm as usual. On the table, there were 10 copies of the past year's exams that she downloaded from the internet. She yawned lightly, hmmm...... Study is a tiring task, so she never put forth much effort in her past. Who would've expect that she could work so hard in this life. Surely enough a person could really do whatever he put his mind to if there was a change in attitude.

While she was cleaning up her desk, a piece of paper fell to the floor. On top of the white paper was a sketch of a doll design.

......

The next day.

As Mu Rulan headed to school together with Mu Rusen and Mu Rulin, she realized there was a police car stopped right in front of the school gate, causing many of the students to look terrified. Mu Rulan went up to ask what had happened, then she realized another incident had occurred. The missing case of two years back – once again someone had gone missing, and that person seemed to be one of the student from Liu Silan High School!

"I think it was the second princess from Jin Family, Jin Moli!" said the of the student council members, Lee Qing.

Mu Rulan slightly furrowed her brows and nodded: "When did it happen?"

"I heard it was reported on this morning, Jin Moli didn't return home the day before yesterday, but that girl used to play around and didn't really go home often, so her family didn't really notice her absence. But after some time, her sister tried to call her but no one answered so her sister asked her friends for her whereabouts, but nobody knew where she was. This is when they started to realize something was off, so they went to report her disappearance to the police this morning." Lee Qing said while he reached to help Mu Rulan to carry her bag. Before he could touch it, Mu Rulan glared at him with a monstrous look, but Lee Qing still insisted on tugging the bag from Mu Rulan's hands into his arms.

Mu Rulan glanced at Mu Rusen then took a look at the police car in front of the school gate. She slightly squinted her eyes and carelessly turned her head around to see Mu Rulin look as if he was in a daze so she asked: "What's wrong?"

Mu Rulin seemed to be frightened, as even his forehead was covered in cold sweat, his hands cold as ice. He saw Mu Rulan was staring at him with a worried gaze, but his expression was a bit stiff when he nodded his head: "I'm fine."