p i t t e r p a t t e r

Start from the beginning

Plot twist, haha, she thought as she imagined how their faces would look when they finally figured it out. The thought was morbid and her face fell instantly.

"Are you guys excited about the UA Sports Festival?" Sero asked, "I'm pumped. It's the first official hero thing that we're doing."

"How did you completely forget about USJ?" Ochaco deadpanned, "But I'm excited as well."

"I'm going to emerge as the sole champion," Todoroki commented out of nowhere, shocking the rest of the students.

"As if, half and half bastard!" Katsuki scoffed, "I'm going to be number one."

"Stop arguing, the other classes are looking at us," Kirishima commented, "And I like your spirit but don't bet on it! We have great people in our classes that could beat you guys. Who knows, maybe Uraraka or (L/N) could emerge as the sole victor."

(Y/N) nodded in agreement.

"With her broken necklace?" Todoroki commented with a raised eyebrow, "I would like to see her try."

"That was foul, Todoroki-kun!" Uraraka shouted, "Especially since you were the one who broke her necklace."

I would attack him if I didn't have other problems in my mind, (Y/N) thought as she hummed in agreement. He really was playing dirty. I should have taken his money when he offered it to me.

It was probably going to be fine. Now that her brother was here, he could make her another one. She still didn't like Todoroki's attitude though. Make him pay for the funeral, she thought and it was kind of funny so she choked on her food.

"Drink some water, stupid."

Lunchtime ended quickly after that. The bell rang, signifying the end of the period, and the students all went back to their respective classrooms.

(Y/N) sat down in her usual seat and as Present Mic droned on about the English language, she could hear the rhythmic ticking of the clocks again.

Not this again, she thought as she rolled her eyes. Lately, it seemed like the clocks in the school were louder than ever, almost as if somebody purposefully made them that way. Either that or she was just hyper-aware of things around her.

No matter how much she tried not to focus on it, the sound just seemed to grow louder and louder. At some point she decided that she couldn't take it anymore so she did the one thing she knew best.

With a slight drumming of her fingers on the table, she created a small drizzle outside. At times like this, she was glad she had the window seat. It allowed her to gaze outside as long as she wanted.

There was one aspect of rain that she loved most, how soft it could be. She watched the little droplets hit the pavement below in a gentle pitter-patter and it soothed her. Oh how calming the rain could sound. Like droplets of magic. Just looking at it was enough to calm her nerves and distract her from the ticking of the clock.

Even though she was only able to see it and hear the rhythmic pattern faintly from inside the classroom, it almost felt like she could feel the rain on her skin. Every time the rain gently patted on the rooftop or slid down the window, it felt like the rain was inside the room. Something about the cold yet gentle splash on her skin made her feel happy. Her connection with her quirk ran so deep that even when it rained outside she could feel it.

"WHAT THE FUCK, (Y/N)?"

The loud shout jolted her out of her thoughts and she looked to the source of the sound. It was Katsuki — of course it was him — and he had a bewildered look in his eyes. What surprised her most was that he was dripping wet.