b r u t u m f u l m e n

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

All of the confidence she had gathered about her quirk in those last ten months vanished into thin air and she was back to square one.

She had to rely on her own strength and decided to channel everything into the fifty meter dash and grip strength.

When called up for the fifty meter dash, the girl was up against Kirishima — the black haired boy from the entrance exam. Only, his hair was dyed bright red now.

"This is how fate works, huh?" He joked as he stretched, "My partner is now my enemy."

"I'm not planning on going easy on you," (Y/N) said back just as Aizawa-sensei told them to start, "Your quirk is hardening and if you use that, it's just going to slow you down, Kirishima-san."

She ran as fast as she could in the fifty meter dash and finished at 3.01 seconds, which was a pretty good score. She was faster than Iida, whose quirk was engine, and it baffled her.

In the grip strength test, she didn't know how she did it but she scored 78 kilos.

The standing long jump was a hard one and she landed within the sandbox. In the pitch, she scored one of the lowest scores.

She hoped that her two accomplishments would be enough to not get her in last place.

 At first, her thoughts went to Izuku and she thought he would come in last place because he was quirkless. She felt horrible for thinking that because he was her friend.

However, she was proven wrong when he scored a whopping 705.3 meters in the pitch test.

The trials for the quirk apprehension test were finally over, but (Y/N) couldn't calm her beating heart.

Now, all she could do was wait anxiously for her result alongside her extremely nervous friend.

"Its okay, (Y/N)-chan," Izuku comforted her, "Maybe I'll be in the last place and you won't get expelled."

"Don't say that, Izuku," (Y/N) replied back, "You want to become a hero and you're dedicated. Maybe I can be expelled instead and go back to my old lifestyle."

She meant it. If Izuku's name appeared last, she was willing to sacrifice herself for him. Yeah, she would be a little disappointed but she'd rather it was her than him.

The scores were up and everybody looked at it eagerly. (Y/N) tensed up when she found Midoriya Izuku in last place and she booked back at the boy who seemed frozen in place.

"Oh yeah, the expulsion thing was a lie. It was a logical ruse to bring out the best of your abilities," The teacher said nonchalantly, making (Y/N) and Izuku sigh in relief.

Everybody else seemed shocked except for the girl with a high ponytail.

Momo Yaoyorozu, if I remember correctly, (Y/N) thought as she glanced at the black-haired female, She got here through recommendation. She must be pretty smart.

Even so, (Y/N) couldn't help but wonder if it was really an empty threat.

The look in Aizawa-sensei's eyes seemed so serious and she suspected that if she was the one that was placed last, he would have expelled her.

What if Mineta was in the last place? He would've probably been expelled.

Either way, she was glad that nobody got expelled. She looked at her green haired friend and saw him literally shaking with joy.

Just like that, the class was over.

"Say, (L/N)-san, what is your quirk?" Iida questioned just as (Y/N) was packing up, "I noticed that you didn't use it in the apprehension test today."

"I can create rain," she responded and she waited to hear laughter but there was nothing. "I can also manipulate its chemical compounds and temperature."

"That's an amazing quirk!" Iida praised, "Though I do see why you didn't use it. In tests like these where they rely on physical or flashy quirks, it is useless."

(Y/N) nodded along as she exited the classroom with him, Izuku, and Ochaco.

The window provided a magnificent view of the setting sun, which seemed to dye the world it illuminated a vivid red-orange color.

A smile overtook (Y/N)'s lips as she admired the scenery before her. It reminded her of one of the beautiful marigolds that she had in her shop.

Marigolds are pretty, she thought and her mind went back to the morning when she watered them.

She gasped loudly, causing the trio to look at her with curiosity.

"What's wrong, (Y/N)-chan?" Izuku questioned the girl whose face had turned pale. He was worried for her because he never saw her like this. "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay but I just have to hurry," she replied frantically, practically running out of the building, "I forgot to water one of the marigolds!"

She left the stunned trio behind and they took a minute to process what had just happened. Izuku was the first one to recover and he just laughed it off.

"I guess she just loves her marigolds or something."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Well this was short
Whoops

Oh and the chapter name is "brutum fulmen" which means senseless thunderbolt in Latin which basically means an empty threat
Yuki078

Oh and the chapter name is "brutum fulmen" which means senseless thunderbolt in Latin which basically means an empty threatYuki078